GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S'up!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
Ever seen me in here? Nope? Didn't think so. Why? Because I don't have an X-Box.

So why am I posting in here now? Because I have an X-Box. So you'll see more of me in here from now on. Joy!

*starts Fonz impression* Heeeeeeeyyyyy! *ends Fonz impression*
Wed 19/02/03 at 00:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
One of us...One of us!
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:54
"slightlyshortertagl"
MotoGP

Veeeeeeeerrrry good.

Nifty lil racer. I'm 6611th in the world. I like it :-D
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:49
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Anyway, someone recommend me some GAAAMES, damnit! I've got Marvel vs
> Capcom 2 and Crazy Taxi 3... and I'm definately gonna be getting Jet
> Set Radio Future...

Jet Set Radio... yes... jet set radio.
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Remember me?"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> If you would like any more information regarding other Xbox games feel
> free to ask. Welcome to the land of the Xbox Dark Mark may you have a
> pleasant stay and please would you keep your arms inside the forum at
> all times, thankyou :)

Cheers, mate... and cheers to everyone else too.

*looks around*

*puts arm outside the forum*

*arm is lopped off by a passing street lamp*
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:30
Regular
PGR = Project Gotham Racing and it is the best racing game I have ever played. Other game I recommend are:

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Max Payne
Moto GP
Dead or Alive 3
Splinter Cell
RalliSport Challenge
Halo
Mech Assault
Gun Valkyrie
Sega GT 2002
Racing Evoluzione
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Championship Manager 02/03
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Blinx Timesweeper
Jet Set Radio Future
Unreal Championship
Deathrow
Quantum Redshift

I know you said you weren't bothered about Halo but I will only say one thing, you would be a fool to miss out. Other games to look out for in March include:

Shenmue 2X
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
The House of The Dead 3 + Unofficial Xbox Light Gun
Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball

I have had an Xbox 2 weeks after the launch but I too picked up a new console in January. I have owned a PS2 and wasn't impressed so I got myself a GameCube and so far I am enjoying it very much. Although there aren't as many games on the Cube than the Xbox that I want it was worth a purchase for the Nintendo exclusives and Resident Evil games. You have just purchased an Xbox at the right time, the drout since Christmas is coming to an end so you have great titles to look forward to over the coming months and you also get the chance to pick up last years titles. I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing. Dead or Alive 3 is graphically breath taking yet over 200 hours on I am still going back to play through the Survival and Time Attack modes.

To answer your question about Splinter Cell I would have to say that it is one of my all time favourite games and a must own Xbox title. Only pick up Unreal Championship if you intend to get Xbox Live or if you enjoy Multi Player games, if you pick the game up hoping for a sterling one player experience then you may be disappointed. Deathrow is suprisngly a sports game and it is the best the Xbox has to offer. The game is a futuristic Sports/Fighting game that is controversial and highly entertaining. Quantum Redshift is basically the Xbox's answer to Wipeout and I prefer it because it enables customisable soundtracks and better graphical representation.

If you would like any more information regarding other Xbox games feel free to ask. Welcome to the land of the Xbox Dark Mark may you have a pleasant stay and please would you keep your arms inside the forum at all times, thankyou :)

I feel like I am making a Shang Tsung - Quan Chi truce :) (Sav and other Mortal Kombat fans will know what I mean)

Sav a quick question, have you unlocked and watched the Baraka video where he enters Quan Chi's palace? I don't remember seeing that in Mortal Kombat 3?! Any ideas where that came from? I have played MKDA for about 5 hours today and I can't get enough of it! There is still a lot to unlock but at the moment I am concentraing on learning Sub Zero's, Quan Chi's and Raiden's combos. I was going to learn Scoropins and Kano's but I feel that they are too easy to fight with and I wanted a bigger challenge. A quick tip before I go, in the "test your strength" don't just bash 2 buttons you need to bash all 4 quickly if you want to get past Difficulty 3 :) You probably knew that already but just incase you didn't I thought I would point it out.
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Oddworld looks ace actually.

It's an excellent game. I think it's the most enjoyable game I've ever played, just my sort of humour, and just my type of game.

It was the first game I bought for my Xbox. Great introduction to the machine, especially with the opening sequence.

Get it!
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
PGR is Project Gothem Racing and nos there is no links to Batman. ;-)
Its a great racing/driving game if you're into that kind of game. As for games you should get, try looking into these...

Splinter Cell (yup, it is THAT good)
Mech Assault
Phantom Crash
Panzer Dragoon Orta (not out just yet)
Dead Or Alive 3
Toejam & Earl 3 (not out yet)
DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball (not out yet)

The ones I've listed that aren't out yet are due very soon. They should all be out by the end of March. Theres other games I would recommend too but I'm not sure what types of games you favour.
Plus if you like the MGS games, MGS2: Substance should be out on X-Box around early March too.

Anyway, hope this helps you out a little. ;-)
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tóm wrote:
> Got Broadband? Get Xbox Live.
> If you do get Xbox Live, you will then of course have to get Moto GP
> and Mech Assault to fully appreciate it.

Nope. :P

> PGR and Oddworld are also good! Cheap too...

Oddworld looks ace actually. PGR is.... what is it? LOL!
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:00
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Got Broadband? Get Xbox Live.
If you do get Xbox Live, you will then of course have to get Moto GP and Mech Assault to fully appreciate it.

PGR and Oddworld are also good! Cheap too...
Tue 18/02/03 at 22:54
Regular
"Remember me?"
Anyway, someone recommend me some GAAAMES, damnit! I've got Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Crazy Taxi 3... and I'm definately gonna be getting Jet Set Radio Future...

I'm thinking... maybe Splinter Cell? Is that really as good as people make out? And don't recommend me Halo, as I've played it and it really is nowt special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.