GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 14:38
Regular
According to psera.com GTA4 is on it's way:

'A contact at Rockstar Games has informed us that their hailed game of the year title, Grand Theft Auto III will see a sequel on PlayStation 2 by year's end. Apparently the game has been in development for some while now with confirmed development on PS2 and rumored development on Xbox.

The cities will be even more functional than GTA3, with characters you see on the street a lot more interactive than what was seen in previous titles.'

Can't wait!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
pro devo soccer wrote:
> I like to play 'Rocket Launcher Dominoes'. Cause a road block, shoot a car, and
> see how big a chain reaction you can start.

Thats pretty fun. For GTA4 it would be good if you could actually fly a small plane. Maybe as part of the story line they could have part of the game over in America and then you could fly over to England. Of course it would be boring to fly there in real time. They could have a screen come up saying 8 hours later as you start to see the time of day quickly change and the london sky line appear.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:52
I like to play 'Rocket Launcher Dominoes'. Cause a road block, shoot a car, and see how big a chain reaction you can start.

And as for GTA3, well.....
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
pro devo soccer wrote:
> If they do something like that, they'd definitely have to improve the game
> engine, as GTA3 does tend to slow down a bit when there's a lot going on (ie.
> blowing up, in most cases ;-).

I dont think I ever experenced GTA3 slowing down. I think that Rockstar will have learned alot about the PS2 and GTA4 should be using alot more of the capabilities of the PS2.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
I would like the motorbikes back and to be able to go into any building. Also a proper plane to fly would be great, be cool if you could nick a jumbo jet from a hanger or something.

Also it'll be great to have some multiplayer stuff in the to from simple deathmatch to a sorta co op play where you and a mate help each other out on missions.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:42
If they do something like that, they'd definitely have to improve the game engine, as GTA3 does tend to slow down a bit when there's a lot going on (ie. blowing up, in most cases ;-).
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:26
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
adrian wrote:
> outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
GEO MOD TECHNOLoGY!!! That would be
> sweeet.....

That idea is so awesome, you should consider sending it off to Rockstar!! Seriously!!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:17
> Should be a great game. Maybe they could use the same technique used by naughty
> dog and get rid of loading times between islands.

Hope they include a system
> that has a gang hate value. So say you work for the mafia and all the other
> gangs hate you, but then if you start working for another gang then the mafia
> start to hate you and the new gang likes you. You could share your work for all
> the gangs and be not hated or liked by anyone and therefore not get beaten up by
> any gangs.

It loads it all at the bigginning the thing showing the island part is there so the ps2 cant give the graphics the graphical boost to make it look spiffing
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
GEO MOD TECHNOLoGY!!! That would be sweeet.....

*outlaw_uk2002
> stares longingly at the sky*

Now your talking. Blowing up buildings, instead of shooting at a car blow up a building in front of him so the rubble crushes his car.

Iam staring in to the sky aswell outlaw_uk2002
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
pro devo soccer wrote:
Roadworks that force you to change your routes through
> the game?

They can have it on the radio where the road works are. They can last for days even months, just like on our roads.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jive wrote:
I
> didn't oh and don't still, really find this a problem. Each to their own points
> of view especially as it didn't really take that long to load in.

I dont find the loading times a problem but it would make the game just flow that much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.