GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 14:38
Regular
According to psera.com GTA4 is on it's way:

'A contact at Rockstar Games has informed us that their hailed game of the year title, Grand Theft Auto III will see a sequel on PlayStation 2 by year's end. Apparently the game has been in development for some while now with confirmed development on PS2 and rumored development on Xbox.

The cities will be even more functional than GTA3, with characters you see on the street a lot more interactive than what was seen in previous titles.'

Can't wait!
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GTA4 will be a great game but I have to have a look into the Getaway, I haven't seen much on it. I'll check out the topic.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:53
Regular
I would love to see all that aswell. the getaway looks like it could give the GTA series a run for its money though
Thu 10/01/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Bah"
yer i gotta start my taining programm soon
MM
Wed 09/01/02 at 21:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thing is you need skills in programming and stuff so that kinda stops me dead in my tracks as a level designer ;-))
Wed 09/01/02 at 16:24
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
GTA4 will be great, maybe it will be out around the time that I finish everything on GTA3
Wed 09/01/02 at 15:21
Check out www.dma.co.uk, they have jobs up for grabs. Including level designers - so there you go!
Wed 09/01/02 at 01:33
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
yep Savatt that was a bit long but i managed to read it without any help ;)

There are some great ideas being thrown in here but really i don't think the PS2 is up for it, maybe x box but i don't think the PS2 could handle it which is a shame.

But whatever happens GTA4 will be massive as the previous GTA's have all been very different and most of all very playable.
Wed 09/01/02 at 00:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah it'd be good if we could send in our ideas :-)
Tue 08/01/02 at 23:00
Regular
"Touched!"
In my eyes GTA3 is a true classic, and easily game of the year for 2001!, for me it came out of the blue and its certainly one of, if not the best game in my whole collection, and thats saying something.

There are a few niggles i have with it though, the shooting can sometimes be hard, and hopefully with GTA4 they can get a better framerate (60fps instead of 30), and just neaten up the graphics a touch, then it would look more like next gen!
Multiplayer would be a blast, imagine a 4 player mode, hey i can dream can't i?!
seriously though, a 2 player mode at LEAST would be great, an i-link mode would be an excellent addtion too!

I have also heard rumours of the next GTA being a total PS2 exclusive, only time will tell..but at least GTA4 is confirmed for the PS2 first :)
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Sorry if it was all a bit long winded ;-))

It wasnt long winded, it had good ideas in it. Good ideas need the space they deserve. Maybe we could email Rockstar about our ideas. Companies usually like to have input from fans of the previous games, so they can find out what aspects could be improved on and any new aspects that the fans would like to see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.