GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 14:38
Regular
According to psera.com GTA4 is on it's way:

'A contact at Rockstar Games has informed us that their hailed game of the year title, Grand Theft Auto III will see a sequel on PlayStation 2 by year's end. Apparently the game has been in development for some while now with confirmed development on PS2 and rumored development on Xbox.

The cities will be even more functional than GTA3, with characters you see on the street a lot more interactive than what was seen in previous titles.'

Can't wait!
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sorry if it was all a bit long winded ;-))
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 some great ideas there. If GTA4 turns out like what you said it will be the best game ever.
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think an i-link co-operative would be great. Also as far as online capabilities go, it'd be nice to have clans to join like on online FPS games on the PC. Your clan could face other ones as you try to control territory.

Also, with all the money you earn in the game, it'd be nice if you could buy a building to have as your own. More expensive ones could have more garages to store cars and things to help you such as stars to lower your wanted level when being chased by the law. Maybe some could have a built in paint n spray so you can always try to get to your hideout when in trouble. Besides buying a cool building for a hideout, maybe you could start a certain organisation of your own. As you gain more money and reputation your number of men could increase so they walk on the streets just like any other gang. You could still do missions for other gangs to get money, but you could also choose your friends and foes. By fighting other gangs, you could attempt to take over their territory.

There could even be a certain amount of strategy to doing this. You might decide that a powerful organisation like the Yakuza will be good to have as an ally if they control certain areas - especially if they're close to a gang your trying to wipe out. To benefit from allies, you could even do deals with them. If you control a large amount of arms, the Yakuza could buy weapons from you while you might want something like rare cars from them that are hard to come by on the roads.

All this controlling certain things could come from how you go about doing things. You might get yourself a good hideout (start off with the usual warehouse for free till you can buy something). After this you might choose to see whos controlling say the red light district. If your on good terms with another gang, you could request their help. If not, then you could look at gangs and work for them till they do become friendly with you.

Once your ready, you goto war. You could pay a man of your own or another gang to get you info on the whereabouts of key rival figures or operations which you can disrupt or kill. After defeating the gang, they could disappear for awhile leaving you to control the red light district which brings money in for you (no need to say how). From here you choose what routes to take next.

As for the set missions that we get now, maybe they could be more random as set missions probably wouldn't be such a great idea with an idea like this. The missions you end doing can depend on which organisations you take on and what areas they are controlling. To make sure there is a good constant challenge, old gangs you defeated could pop up elsewhere and try to take control of other areas.
To beat the game in some way, there could be certain strong gangs that you have to beat and some may need you to get allies so that your strong enough to take them on. Hence its not such a great idea to wipe everyone out when a couple of them could be really helping you out.

You can do missions yourself still when your powerful, but you could also get a few of your guys to help you out. If you need to kill a target who is in a vehicle, you could get extra guys to take him out with you in cars of their own.

Another thing you could control is the police. If you want to kill someone in a certain area and you control a key figure in the police force, you can get them to withdraw the police pressence from that area until your done. Again, this would require you to "remove" the gang that holds that area first.

And finally to keep on good terms with an ally, you should try not to steal their particular cars or kill their men. Of course accidents happen and sometimes your desperate for some wheels but if you do it a lot then this could trigger a fight between your gang and your ally. If you want to make peace with them after awhile, offerings of weapons, money or vehicles could be made. Your former ally could do the same with you if they still really value your services and you built a good friendship with them. This could come in the form of points. As you work together or do deals, a number of points could be added to a total for that gang, as you upset them by doing what I said earlier, points could be deducted until things aren't going so nicely with them. Anyway, I'll shut up now - sorry people ;-))
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
maybe internet play, a living breathing street full of criminals. Everyone fighting and killing all around you. other people stealing your car. Work with others and form your own gangs, then betray them and leave them for dead.
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:42
Regular
i wonder if it will add any of my guesses as soon as i finished GTA3. Multi player, london or destructable buildings
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Bah"
yer, they could have vans with builders come and repair them, so if thy were aprt of a mission they could be rebuild after you destroyed it or even modified with new building desgins to witshstand bombings!!!
>>
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Quazimodo wrote:
Unless Pan lantic constructions fix them up!

They could do. It would be good to have that as it would add some nice touches to the game play. I do agree that you could be left with no buildings left but with Red Faction you could only blow up some much of the surroundings before it wouldnt let you anymore. Maybe they could limit what could be blown up. So that non of the buildings could be destroyed but pieces of them blown out, like the front windows of a shop.
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:15
Regular
Yeh, i have red faction, and it said something about geomod that made me think what it was, but having geo mod would spoil the game coz all the building would be gone and no more buildings!

Unless Pan lantic constructions fix them up!
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Quazimodo wrote:
> What is Geo Mod Technology!

Its what the Red Faction game engine used. It allowed for the developers to make destructable scenary. With most FPS, you hit the wall with a rocket and the wall is still there unharmed. In Red Faction do that and a hole will be created.

Imagine how good GTA4 would be with this. You could blow up bridges, take down entire buildings with enough C4. Drive your car straight through a resturant window. I think if this was included in GTA4, this PS2 forum would have zero posts on it as every PS2 owner will be glued to there PS2. School and work will have to have close down for a few months while we all play on this game.
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:45
Regular
What is Geo Mod Technology!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.