GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zeldas new style"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 15:16
Regular
Okay, i guess everybody know that Shiguru Miyamoto changed Zelda into a childish **** game, right? So what does it means, that the game´s got worse? Maybe, maybe not. Here´s what i think:

I bought my Nintendo 64 after i won in betting. Not long after i bought Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. I fell totally in love with it. The story, the graphics, the characters, it was all so very cool. (in all secret, i needed help in the first dungeon, though)And after i finished it(which took me some time) i just wanted number two to come. And some months later, i read in an mag: Zelda two WILL come to The N64. I got totally exited and started to buy every single mag to have as much info on it as possible. Then the big day came, i was in town with my mom and my two brothers, without knowing that it was released. Then i checked in on an shop and saw it. I took it, took out my wallet and bought it.

Then i see in a mag(i only buy one know) that Nintendo will release a new console called Dolphin. Some months it has changed to GameCube. I still buy the mag and see some brilliant shots off Zelda. Crystalclear graphics and a brilliant fight against Ganondorf and Link. Then at E3 they show a new video from Zelda. With a little kid sneaking around in a castle with cartoony enemies? What kind of **** is this, is the first thing i think.

Now, some months later, Nintendo still holds this cartoony style, but rumours are that Nintendo have chnged it into the old realistic style. Great news that, huh? Hopefully they will keep this style. What do you think, cartoony or realistic?
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'm afrid the "realistic" GC Zelda shots were just demos, mocked up to show how powerful the console was... it was never part of a full game...

So it looks like the cell shaded look is here to stay...

But that certainly doesn't mean the game will be bad in any way- anyone who doesn't buy it on grounds of the graphics is missing out...

What does worry me is the "short and sweet" gaming idea Shigsy has talked about! Zelda is MEANT to be epic, and long, and amazing!

Sonic
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:16
Okay, i guess everybody know that Shiguru Miyamoto changed Zelda into a childish **** game, right? So what does it means, that the game´s got worse? Maybe, maybe not. Here´s what i think:

I bought my Nintendo 64 after i won in betting. Not long after i bought Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. I fell totally in love with it. The story, the graphics, the characters, it was all so very cool. (in all secret, i needed help in the first dungeon, though)And after i finished it(which took me some time) i just wanted number two to come. And some months later, i read in an mag: Zelda two WILL come to The N64. I got totally exited and started to buy every single mag to have as much info on it as possible. Then the big day came, i was in town with my mom and my two brothers, without knowing that it was released. Then i checked in on an shop and saw it. I took it, took out my wallet and bought it.

Then i see in a mag(i only buy one know) that Nintendo will release a new console called Dolphin. Some months it has changed to GameCube. I still buy the mag and see some brilliant shots off Zelda. Crystalclear graphics and a brilliant fight against Ganondorf and Link. Then at E3 they show a new video from Zelda. With a little kid sneaking around in a castle with cartoony enemies? What kind of **** is this, is the first thing i think.

Now, some months later, Nintendo still holds this cartoony style, but rumours are that Nintendo have chnged it into the old realistic style. Great news that, huh? Hopefully they will keep this style. What do you think, cartoony or realistic?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.