GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Indiana Jones & The Emperors Tomb"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 14:48
Regular
I've just been playing the demo on the new official mag and its the nuts ! Similar to how Buffy plays but 20 times better ! I'm so glad I chose this for my recent GAD win. :-)

Everyone in here should try it and feel pretty confident in keeping money aside for it. This game is damn good and really feels like the proper Indiana Jones game people have always wanted to play over the old PC point and click games.
Theres no better game in making you feel like you're really playing the role of Indy. :-)

The fighting is excellent and the exploration, etc makes Tomb Raider look like the pile of pants it is in comparison. Get stuffed Lara, the real Tomb Raider has arrived now ! :-)
Mon 24/02/03 at 20:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
YH - to really appreciate TJ&E3 you really needed to play the old versions of the game, that way you'd know how it plays. For someone like me, I knew what I was doing straight away. :-)

Has to be said though, things are certainly busier than in the new game than the old ones.
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
Oh yeah, HOTD3. Absolutely despised it. Poor visuals, uninspired gameplay - just no fun in my books.
Mon 24/02/03 at 16:45
Regular
"He's back"
I also played the indyana demo, and thought it was class. But it definatly wasn't te best game on the demo. Panzer dragoon orta was partically impessive....
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:47
Regular
I haven't bought this months mag yet, but I will 'cos I want to try out pretty much all of the demos!

I thought TJ&E 3 was crap last month though. Didn't know what I had to do, or how to do it. Rubbish...
Mon 24/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
I've just been playing some of the demo.

Indie Jones reminds me a lot of Buffy, except it's better.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is the mind**** light show that I hoped it would be. Superb.

HOTD3 is cool. Much smoother than the DC HOTD2. Definately buying this one.

And Shenmue II is as gorgeous as ever, although my demo version keeps bottling it.

4 must-buys. :-)
Sun 23/02/03 at 23:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My next platform game is gonna be Toejam & Earl 3. :-) Loved the old games and the demo so I can't wait to play the full game. :-)
Sun 23/02/03 at 23:19
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Vexx pleasently surprised me.

One nice touch is when walking through a portal into a new level is done seamlessly. You have to see it to know what i'm on about.

Other than that it's another 3d platformer. Nothing special but not awful either.
Sun 23/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Going over all the demos this month...

Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb - Excellent game, won't go into detail over it again as I've already spoken my view in this topic. ;-)

Panzer Dragoon Orta - Another superb game and a shoot em up I definatly want in my collection. :-)

Shenmue 2 - Haven't tried because I completed the first game and I want to start the sequel with all the moments and surprises intact. Basically I don't want to go over the demo bit again when I play the main game.

House Of The Dead 3 - Good game which will be a lot better when using the guns. My gf loves gun games so this is already a must buy in order to keep her happy too. ;-))

Lamborghini - Dunno what to make of this, it felt like Rage hadn't decided on how they were going to go about the steering. One minute the car will turn bloody sharply, the next it seems almost totally incapable of turning at all without slamming into a wall first. I'll probably play it again a few times and see how things go with it as I do like the game - its just the steering thats got me cautious.

Vexx - Haven't tried because its not really a game I want. Even if it plays ok, the world and its characters really don't appeal to me. I know that sounds stupid but at the end of the day, if I don't find the general story and characters appealing, then I'm not going to really get immersed into it.
Sun 23/02/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Indy is alrite. Personaly not my cup of tea but it get the styling right.

I love Panzer Dragoon basically because its one of the most beautiful games ever.

HOTD3 was a huge dissapointment but mabye it just needs to be played with a light gun to be apprciated.

Shenmue 2 I liked. Lambergeni (spell?) was good but the handbrake turn is awful. Somehow the car pivots and turns 90 degrees the instant you press the button.

Havn't tried Vexx yet but i was pleased to see the Halo 2 trailer was there to be enjoyed.
Sun 23/02/03 at 12:52
Regular
If you've ever played a Tomb Raider game - it's like that, but a helluva lot more fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.