GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Indiana Jones & The Emperors Tomb"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb'.
Sat 22/02/03 at 14:48
Regular
I've just been playing the demo on the new official mag and its the nuts ! Similar to how Buffy plays but 20 times better ! I'm so glad I chose this for my recent GAD win. :-)

Everyone in here should try it and feel pretty confident in keeping money aside for it. This game is damn good and really feels like the proper Indiana Jones game people have always wanted to play over the old PC point and click games.
Theres no better game in making you feel like you're really playing the role of Indy. :-)

The fighting is excellent and the exploration, etc makes Tomb Raider look like the pile of pants it is in comparison. Get stuffed Lara, the real Tomb Raider has arrived now ! :-)
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
My take on this months demos:

Indian Jones - Top! Have completed it a good few times now, and really enjoy playing through it. Even my bird liked it. I think I'll enter the competetion in OXM to win a copy...

PDO - Reminded me of Rez, to be honest. Similar controls and stuff, just a different setting. I've only played it once though, I did manage to get to th enig end of level boss, but couldn't beat it. I wouldn't pay 40 quid for it at the moment, but I'll give it another go at some point.

Shenmue 2 - I was bored by the end of the intro sequence. Why couldn't I skip the bit with the boat at the beginning? Slow, boring and just not my cup of tea. I won't even give the demo another go, to be honest.

Lambourghini - I agree with you lot on here, the handling IS a bit suspect at times, especially when using the handbrake. The normal brake can be a little dodgy at times as well. Looks good, and can play well. I'd want the handling tweaked before I spent out my hard earned on it though...

I think thats it, I haven't tried HotD or Vexx yet. I probably won't bother with HotD 3, but I may well give Vexx a spin at some point.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Your Honour wrote:
> The demo is spot on, even my bird liked it!
>
> May have to get the full game at some point...

I reccommend it. The demo is excellent.
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:58
Regular
"BOSE"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I think its a section of a level that you do. You get access to the
> whip, revolver, canteen, knife and a little later on a shotgun. :-)
> Excellent stuff. Good thing is that you see him wearing the stuff -
> so if you pick up a shotgun, you see it strapped to his back when he's
> not using it. :-)
> I know thats a pretty minor thing to mention, but its nice touches
> like this that add to the game rather than just pulling weapons and
> stuff out from nowhere. ;-)

course, Sav. i like minor things too. makes games more realistic. is the demo in the current official xbox magazine?

i think it's really out of order, we have to wait another 25 days until it comes out, while the yanks are playing it right now
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
The demo is spot on, even my bird liked it!

May have to get the full game at some point...
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think its a section of a level that you do. You get access to the whip, revolver, canteen, knife and a little later on a shotgun. :-) Excellent stuff. Good thing is that you see him wearing the stuff - so if you pick up a shotgun, you see it strapped to his back when he's not using it. :-)
I know thats a pretty minor thing to mention, but its nice touches like this that add to the game rather than just pulling weapons and stuff out from nowhere. ;-)
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"BOSE"
what do you get to do in the demo? whip, gun, level etc
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've gone through the demo quite a few times - so addicted to it. ;-))
I think it does an excellent job of bringing the Indy atmosphere and stuff. :-)
Even when you're fighting, its how Indy fights - no over the top martial arts, just good ol fisticuffs. ;-))
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I played the demo on the xbox mag, and it's brilliant, i agree with you Sav, it's definitely worth getting. I also completed the demo, which i was pleased about.:D
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Muh. No mon no fun. :(
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know how you feel mate - too many great games at once ! ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.