GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The funniest thing - Shadow Demon you naughty boy! (he's been cheating)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
I've been considering buying Onimusha so I went to UKReviews and looked at the reviews.

Now I can't say I like Shadow Demon so it was more of a satisying thing when I realised what he has done.

Go to:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=10662

The top review is Shadow Demon's. Now this is not copied from any web site or magazine, but from the PSW DVD.

The DVD it came from is quite a few months old - the one with a review of Onimusha - but it is definitely the same.

I remember clearly all the stuff that the woman commentator on the DVD says and what Shadow Demon has written is identical.

Obviously I can't e mail SR and prove it to them because it's just my word but hopefully more of you will remember.

We have now entered a new age of cheaters. But I found Shadow Demon's attempt quite amusing.

Next we'll probably be seeing a WRC review with "so what's the point of making it navigable.....in the first place."
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:34
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Lopez wrote:
> Do you lot smell something?......

I smell Bullsh*t.....

Don't make me show my colour on this site - it's not the way.

I am only here to have a good time. not argue/fight with anyone.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:33
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
d34n0 2k2 wrote:
> funny how u only mention this now AFTER uve posted the reviews, surely the best
> thing to do which would prevent all this backlash would be to tell people BEFORE
> u post the damn things...

hmmmmm, I WONDER ..............

Yes you are correct about that, and I only thought about it after reading this topic for the first time.

That is a very good point, I'm not saying it isn't.
And as for you Lopez - why don't you shut your trap before I stick my fist in it.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:31
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Just in case any of you are wondering, "How on Earth does Shadow Demon know all this about those games, especially since they are not released yet?" Well, it's quite simple really...Would you like to hear the tale?

It all began when I wanted to get into the film industry, either acting, or creating visual effects for movies. My cousin is an actress, (not as popular as the one's you see in Hollywood, but she’s does many tours and extra parts in movies before. She still does in fact...from time to time.
Anyway, I asked her if she has any contacts with any agencies that know directors such as George Lucas or Stephen Spielberg. It's obviously not that easy to get contacts with these people, but very quickly, luck had struck by. I was introduced to the props lead artist of the original Star Wars films. My brother then met him at the Erotica show last month, (don't as me why, ha ha). So I asked this guy how I could get into the industry. He said that talent is the only way, and that my CV of College/University grades are only an advantage. So I saw an advert a week later for animation artists needed for low budget films. Unfortunately, this job advert was referring to a place in Germany, (cries).

By now, you are probably wondering what in the world this has to do with my reviews. Well...I mentioned the word "contacts". My cousin, who is already in the film industry, and my brother’s friends, who are in the games industry always slip me some info, letting me know what the latest stuff is, way before the release dates. Even before they are advertised in this country – Cool huh!

In most of my topics, I have mentioned that I never like to boast, as I pity those who do, and I know…the more I say this, proves that I do (But...I don’t). Anyway, you won’t believe this one…my cousin is a famous DJ. Perhaps you know him – DJ Luck, known to me as my cousin Joel. So there it is…when it comes to knowing people in the industry, I wasn’t lying.

So anyway, it then clicked in my mind that by checking out this info on the latest games and DVD releases sent to me, that I could possibly manage my own work by sending in my very own reviews to independent videogame magazines; in this case, PSW.
So that's just what I did, so my reviews are now on the site.

Tank you for reading, and I hope this answers questions.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:22
Regular
Do you lot smell something?......

I smell Bullsh*t.....
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:20
funny how u only mention this now AFTER uve posted the reviews, surely the best thing to do which would prevent all this backlash would be to tell people BEFORE u post the damn things...

hmmmmm, I WONDER ..............
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:16
Regular
so that means that you wrote them your self. so how do we really know you did?
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:11
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
My review for Onimusha is exactly the same. Well okay, the words "the" & "and" may be different. HA HA!

Anyway, my Cueball World review, which I sent to PSW is slightly altered in the game's review page on this site.
As well, is my review on Virtua Fighter 4.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:06
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Kid Rock wrote:
> Shadow Demon wrote:
3 out of 5 pieces of my work have been put in the DVD,
> which I am most proud of. Onimusha: Warlords and Jimmy White's Cueball World are
> 3 of the 5 games that I sent in as reviews to PlayStation World.

what is the
> third one then?

Virtua Fighter 4
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:04
Regular
Shadow Demon wrote:
3 out of 5 pieces of my work have been put in the DVD, which I am most proud of. Onimusha: Warlords and Jimmy White's Cueball World are 3 of the 5 games that I sent in as reviews to PlayStation World.

what is the third one then?
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:45
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
I don't know how to thank you all for complementing me on my reviews. You think they are copied, do you? Well, yes...you are 100%, if not, 150% correct. I salute you The_Vottanator. But what you fail to realise is that I only copied the reviews I have rights to. You may be wondering what I mean. Well here it is...read it and weep my good friend:

I like PSW magazine - it's by far the best and most informative magazine yet. I love the DVD, so I created my own work, as they said it might be on the DVD at some point.
3 out of 5 pieces of my work have been put in the DVD, which I am most proud of. Onimusha: Warlords and Jimmy White's Cueball World are 3 of the 5 games that I sent in as reviews to PlayStation World. They thought it was ‘fab’, and considering my age of only eighteen years old, I was even offered a job opportunity to work on the lines of a journalist at their place in Harrow. I was even offered a place as a Junior Trainee at Acclaim Studios in Cheltenham for the Summer, which, unfortunatly, I could not go to, because it would mean me leavin my family.

By the way, the rules of GAD do not say that if the review is yours and posted in a magazine or DVD, that it cannot be sent on GAD, which is exactly what I did. I obviously have no way of proving it to Special Reserve, and nobody at PSW no me as Shadow Demon, which is why I invented a new screen name for myself. I have been here longer than you could imagine.

Anyway...I am having a great time at GAD so far, and I also like everybody here, not to mention the atmosphere, so there is no way I am leaving. Besides, none of the reviews that I had made for the DVD won a GAD prize on the website. Even though it hurts me to see that I lost on those particular reviews, especially after PlayStation World liked them a lot, they still never won, but hardly bothers me, anyway.

You may have won the battle The_Vottanator, but the war belongs to Shadow Demon.

Sorry if you got the wrong idea of me, but that's the case and that’s...the truth. Whether or not any staff members of PSW magazine enter the forums, I don’t know. But I don’t really mind either. They don’t know me by my real name, since I am not allowed to reveal it to the outside, (I have my reasons).

Shadow Demon has spoken.

Mu, hu ha ha ha ha haaa!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.