GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The funniest thing - Shadow Demon you naughty boy! (he's been cheating)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
I've been considering buying Onimusha so I went to UKReviews and looked at the reviews.

Now I can't say I like Shadow Demon so it was more of a satisying thing when I realised what he has done.

Go to:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=10662

The top review is Shadow Demon's. Now this is not copied from any web site or magazine, but from the PSW DVD.

The DVD it came from is quite a few months old - the one with a review of Onimusha - but it is definitely the same.

I remember clearly all the stuff that the woman commentator on the DVD says and what Shadow Demon has written is identical.

Obviously I can't e mail SR and prove it to them because it's just my word but hopefully more of you will remember.

We have now entered a new age of cheaters. But I found Shadow Demon's attempt quite amusing.

Next we'll probably be seeing a WRC review with "so what's the point of making it navigable.....in the first place."
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:10
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
d34n0 2k2 wrote:
> oh hang on, that is a great point, the reviews spoken on the DVDs are also used
> in the magazine, and i have the copy with onimusha on the DVD so i can check the
> author .....

Ill dig it out and have a ganders .....

Of course you would find the PSW author, becuase they alter the reviews, and the magazine is nothing like mine, whatsoever. Besides...they obviously have to alter the reviews completely before writing it up to make them longer, and the one published in the magazine belongs to PSW anyway, reviewed by Mike Foley.

So there...stop trying to prove me wrong when you can't. You are all trying this b/c I am new and b/c you see one person do it, so you feel like you can start annoying Shadow Demon, too.
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:08
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I believe you.

But you should stop name dropping.. even if everyone else forces you to do so. It's even worse than copying.

I can't believe you're partly responsable for garage music.

*shudders*

I think many people have missed the real issue here.

:-)
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:04
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
misterhappy wrote:
> I don't really want to get involved in the whole "copying" debate
> that's going on in here but I do object to you calling Steven Spielberg and
> George Lucas directors. They are "directors" because they're both
> pretty lame at it. Lucas should stick to producing; he has no sense of how to
> pace a film. And Spielberg should move into producing.

Oh and if you want to
> clear this one up find PSW see if all reveiws mentioned are by the same author.
> If they are then case closed.

I value your opinion about George Lucas, but he is..the world's greatest story teller, with the most fabulous imagnation ever.

In regards to PlayStation World - I hadn't given them my real info - I was an anonymous reviewer.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you want to know when I asked PSW about sending in my own reviews, then please direct your attention to Isuue #2 on the letters page, under the name "Anonymous Reader"
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, let's face it...

when a "newbie" is found "cheating" all hell breaks loose.
If a reg is found, then they get to explain themselves!

Oh, and if someone would do as misterhappy says... he's onto something there

Sonic
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:03
oh hang on, that is a great point, the reviews spoken on the DVDs are also used in the magazine, and i have the copy with onimusha on the DVD so i can check the author .....

Ill dig it out and have a ganders .....
Sun 06/01/02 at 17:00
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Well, it's not a impossible as people are claiming... I used to write on a whole
> host of well known web sites (ranging from Totalvideogames.com to
> udreamcast.com- which may not even exist any more!)

And I used to have
> reviews, news and previews on the front page of the site continuously..... my
> fave was a whole feature i did for TVG about SNK going bust...

Sonic

Thank you Sonic, it's nice to see at least one polite person at the forums.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:59
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I don't really want to get involved in the whole "copying" debate that's going on in here but I do object to you calling Steven Spielberg and George Lucas directors. They are "directors" because they're both pretty lame at it. Lucas should stick to producing; he has no sense of how to pace a film. And Spielberg should move into producing.

Oh and if you want to clear this one up find PSW see if all reveiws mentioned are by the same author. If they are then case closed.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, it's not a impossible as people are claiming... I used to write on a whole host of well known web sites (ranging from Totalvideogames.com to udreamcast.com- which may not even exist any more!)

And I used to have reviews, news and previews on the front page of the site continuously..... my fave was a whole feature i did for TVG about SNK going bust...

Sonic
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:53
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Th info sent to me regarding the games were only footages and 1-line sentances, such as, "There are over 10 new characters to choose from" and "There are a wide range of weapons available form the start" - only key words, really.

Sorry, I know that if I don't give you my name, it will look like I am lying, but I'm not. I just can't give it out. I don't care who the poeple are over here, I won't give out my name.

Just to let you know, Luck was at my home 2 months ago, with his Audi TT, and a built-in PlayStation, (where I was at home to witness it).
He then came over with his BMW, (so I heard) - I was at college at the time.
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:40
Hmmmm.... all these famous people, blimey, what a great family!

Now I may be wrong here but isnt that illegal? First of all to get the information about a game before release in such great detail, but to then admit it to a company by writing a review using the said information, who then publishes ure work ?!?! Whats going on there ?!?! Your not a member of the media therefore this is not legal !?! I may be wrong there but my point has been made.

Oh and whats ure name, my friend happens to know DJ Luck, he may know you ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.