GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Team A Story - Lost in the Land of the Giant Robots of Doom."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/02 at 19:22
Regular
FM looked at the control panel and watched the green oscilloscope wave illuminated on the darker green background. To be honest, he hadn’t really figured out what it did yet, but still liked to have it there going up and down at regular intervals. The ship was a deep space science vessel with three silver fins at the back and a nose that looked almost like some sort of kitchen impliment.

Captain FM travelled through space with his three companions, looking for new sources for Earth’s ailing fuel situation and checking out other inhabitable planets. Doctor Grix, the medical officer was always interested in new herbs and alien medicines, the science advisor, Pb, was more interested in the aliens themselves and of course there was their faithful android Er-no, who had saved them from dangerous situations many times with his useful gadgets.

The door to the small main control room opened with a whoosh.

“Are we there yet?” asked Grix as he entered, wearing a fetching silver space suit with a nice little name badge obviously pinned through it.

“Only 100 light years to go, should be there in no time using the skip-drive’s mondo light speed.” Answered FM offhandedly.

“Well, does that mean that we can stop off at the blue planet I saw on the way? Only, I hadn’t seen it on any of the charts in the science lab and was kind of curious.” Said pb, poking his head round the corner.

“It may be worth scientific investigation, professor Zimmernicker would be interested back on Earth.“ said FM thoughtfully, looking at the scanner. “I’ll feed the details in to the computer…”

FM reached over to Er-no’s chest plate and pressed a few buttons. He pulled out a large blue cassette tape with ‘Earth – Co-ordinates’ written on it from the main computer and put in a see through green cassette in it’s place, taken from Er-no’s chest. Red green and blue lights flicked on and off on the console and a bleeping/whirring noise could be heard in the background. The ship jerked in a slightly different direction as flames appeared from the back like a small firework, it suddenly flew forward, almost seeming to slide through space towards the pastel blue planet in the distance.

--- - -

Grix looked out the portal at the nearing surface of the planet. “why are we going down so fast?”

“It seems that the gravitational pull from this planet is greater in the upper atmosphere due to the higher carbon in the air and the particles of Iron and Uridium being thrown up from the earth.” Responded pb as he read a row of counters that flicked up through a series of two digit numbers, virtually meaningless to everyone else.

“Landing in approximately 20 seconds…” said FM as they all put their seatbelts on.

The craft shuddered as it landed on the planet, almost seeming to be hanging in the air from a wire at times. As it touched down, the whole ship lurched and shook and a groaning noise warned the crew that something was wrong. Suddenly, everyone fell to one side as one of the three small metal legs snapped and the ship tipped over on it’s side.

“I believe we are stuck.” Said Captain FM, looking at the controls. He noticed, to his horror, that the oscilloscope wave had gone into overdrive for a few seconds, then virtually straightened out. “We haven’t got any spare parts that will fix this. I will radio for help, Grix, you and er-no head to that building I noticed in the distance. Take the buggy. We’ll stay to gather supplies and build a camp.”
Thu 24/01/02 at 18:10
Regular
Grix's brain, now fully in control of Grix's body, kneeled around a small table, along with Meka, FM, Cheese and er-no.

The mayor, or leader, or chieftain, of all the alien things, sat at the head of the table.

Talk was exchanged, Grix seemed unnaturally silent throughout, and er-no was trying to tell the alien that perhaps he wouldn't regret it that soon, but he will one day, and then for the rest of his life. FM gave er-no a quick slap, which either shut him down or shut him up, both of which were useful.

"Is there any way of actually stopping these robots without having to go to war?" Meka asked, after the pleads of laying the smackdown on some metal bottom put forward by Mouldy Cheese was rejected.

"Why yes, yes, yes, there is, actually, yes, a way. But it's been disabled, somehow, we're not sure how." The chieftain answered.

Meka tried to remain as convincing as he could. The way the blue alien thing spoke was quite disturbing. "Well, how were they originally stopped? What was the failsafe?"

"You, well, you just had to, as long as you could, I mean, if you were capable, you just needed to kick, like, with your leg, kick the robot, in the shin, with your leg."

"Kick the robot in the shin?" FM asked.

"Yes, kick, the..."

"So why doesn't it work now?" Grix asked, quickly.

"Well, as I previously said, we're not entirely sure, I mean, we've lost, and tried, and many aliens have died trying to use the fail safe, but for some reason, it doesn't work, and we think, I mean, we don't have much evidence to prove it, but we seem to believe that, perhaps, the failsafe, in the robotic leg, has been removed, somehow."

"Ah." Meka said.

"To be fair though, isn't that a pretty lame failsafe?" FM winced at his own pun.

"We do, however, have another one, but it is far more dangerous, than the first."

"And kicking a giant robot of doom in the shin isn't dangerous?"

"In all fairness, Mr Fantasymeister, the term 'giant robot of doom' was not, in fact, coined by us. We were going to call them Rob, as in, Rob the Robot, but we were sued, by a third party, unfortunatly."

They waited for the alien to continue.

"The second failsafe, unfortunatly, requires a large amount of water."

Meka slammed his head into the desk.
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:44
Regular
Meka met with the rest of the group... all fully briefed on the situation. It seems they were at last all together.

Night settled over the small village, and the five went to sleep. The aliens had offered to pull together three beds for each of them, but they insisted on sleeping under the stars. er-no put himself into standby mode, but crashed during the night, and had to be rebooted in the morning.

FM dreamt of becoming a lone warrior and growing a beard. He fought his way past dragons, ogres and other mythical beardy creatures. He rescued Sniper from the clutches of darkness, who had also died several times during the dream.

Mouldy Cheese dreamt of becoming a fishmonger. He couldn't understand why the hell he'd taken up such a job... as he couldn't stand it. Dealing with customers, and the smell... the smell drove him crazy. It was only later that night when Meka woke him up did he realise that his face had been next to FM's feet all the night.

Meka dreamt, for some reason, that he had gone to hell. He simply being stretched in the fires that surrounded him... the heat was unbearable... Not long after, he opened his eyes to find that his coat was burning after it had fell into the fire...

Meka jumped up screaming. Mouldy Cheese woke, startled, and then disgusted. FM woke up and kicked Cheese in the face. er-no tried to wake up from standby but crashed.

Grix, however, lay motionless. For his mind was quite busy, but he was far from dreaming.

He opened his eyes halfway through falling through his mind... it used to scare him, back when his brain had first summonded him, but now it just felt quite natural.

He landed softly on the grass of the field... which in itself was quite odd. He hadn't landed on the grass in a long time, only on the beach.

He saw his brain walking up to him from the distance. For some reason he was carrying two spades.

"What's wrong? Why've I landed on the grass?"

Grix's brain walked right up to him, and stopped and starred upwards.

"Sorry, had to move it. Couldn't reach the plug for the Christmas lights."

"Ah." Grix looked around. "What's wrong then?"

"It's your body. It's revolting."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Your body. There's a strike. Digestion demands better quality of work, Waste Management wants less alcohol and more water, and Reproduction is just plain ****ed off."

Grix's brain passed Grix a spade, and began to dig. Grix joined in.

Within a few minutes, they had dug a small hole in the land. Grix's brain placed his hand for Grix to go first. So he did.

He walked out through a door and into a large black and white checkered room... well, at least the floor and ceiling were. Windows lined the walls completely. Grix looked outside... there were several blocks floating in the sky around him, all with the black and white checkered pattern covering all sides. Oddly, the windows couldn't be seen on the others.

"One way windows." Grix's brain said. "These are checkered on the other side too."

There were a number of... err... beings... sitting around a long rectanglar desk in the centre of the room. They all looked pretty much like Grix's brain. Perhaps not as well dressed.

Grix walked up to the head of the table, and sat down. Grix's brain sat next to him.

"Hi." Grix said.

"Oh! He thinks he knows us! He thinks he can just waltz in and help!"

The others muttered and agreed with the sole speaker. The speaker was Acren from Reproduction... he was known to speak his mind whenever he felt like it. And his mind was quite... well... onesided, could be said.

"Look, I'm here to help." Grix tried. "I need to know what the problems are, and how to fix them."

"It's too late for that now! You knew you had problems, but you just couldn't face them, or help them! Your body is a wreak, and you won't do a thing about it!"

It was Galen from Circulation this time. He was usually pretty level headed... once he got going though, he didn't usually give in.

"It's never too late to help. Surely just coming down here today is making progess?" Grix said.

Silence.

"I want to go to each of you one at a time, and find out what's going wrong."

"No, the time for YOUR action is over." Etur said, head of Respiration. "You've become lazy in your ways. We want a new leader."

Grix blinked. "That's all well and good, but I really can help. I've been under a lot of pressure lately."

"You're telling us?" Thera said, representative from the Waste Management division. "The amount of crap that's gone through your system, you'd think that you're having a nervous breakdown!"

"Well sorry chaps, but I'm the best you've got." Grix said, silencing Thera. "Either you work with me to help me become a better leader, or you don't, and the body withers away."

"Well... actually..." Grix's brain said. "There is someone else."

Grix closed his eyes. Why didn't he see this coming?

"How long for?" Grix asked.

"I dunno. As long as it takes for you to get back into shape as a leader. I'm sure the equal representatives of the body will love to have a decent chance to speak to you." Grix's brain nodded in their direction. They all smiled.

"When then? We're all a bit stuck at the moment. We're lost in the land of the giant robots of doom. It's all a bit of a mess."

They all looked at Grix.

"Now?" Grix asked.

-------------------

Grix's brain woke up, and starred up at the sky through Grix's eyes.

He moved his fingers around... waved them in the air, twitched his shoulders.

He sat up, and noticed Meka, FM and Cheese trying to reboot er-no. It was daybreak.

He was going to enjoy this.
Wed 23/01/02 at 12:29
Regular
Sniper cursed. Strafex's sudden arrival and not only left a hole in his beautifully crafted base, it had also allowed PB to escape.

He sat down to sulk when he heard a clunk.
There seemed to be noises coming from Strafex's Spaceship...

He looked inside to find the ship's crew regaining their consiousness...
They crawled out of the spaceship one by one and ended up as a heap on the floor.

One of them looked to Sniper.

"Where's Strafex? What are we doing here?"

Sniper smiled.

"Strafex is dead. He died in the impact. His last words were that you should carry out my mission for him."

The team looked down, but wanted to make it so their captain hadn't died in vain.

"What is our mission?"

"Grix, PB, FM and Er-no and anyone else associated with Team A are heretics and traitors to our civilisation. They are trying to destroy us. You must destroy them first."

The team looked a bit miffed, but if that was what Strafex wanted them to do, that was what Strafex wanted them to do.

"We accept the mission." Said one.

"Good." Said Sniper, "You can be my Team B. Now PB has escaped from my base and captured two aliens. He is with an accomplice who is disguised as Strafex. This accomplice is not Strafex but simply an imitator who will try to fool you into joining him. Do not fall for it!"

Team B nodded. Anyone who used their captain's name and image for false pretences would have to be killed.

"Now get them!"

And with that, Team B left the base on their mission, to chase PB and the accomplice.

With that done, Sniper let out a really evil laugh.
He pressed the button to close the door of his study...

**CLICK**
Mon 21/01/02 at 21:34
"possibly impossible"
Grix sighed as they walked further and further through the heat. The robots of doom hadn't spotted them after all, or if they had they hadn't followed.

"Where exactly are we headed?" FM asked Er-no, who was watching a twitching compass on his arm.

"Well, it's like this...It's a story, right? And I thought we could just walk and get to the next plotline..."

FM Sighed. It had been a long day. They carried on walking until Grix suddenly tripped over something small.

"Ouch." said a small voice, underneath them.

They all looked down and saw a little blue creature rubbing his head.

"Oh great, more humans, just what we needed!" said the little alien.

"who are you and what are you doing here?" asked FM.

"What? This is our home planet, well, it was until Sniper started killing us off and drove the lucky ones underground. The rest of us ended up as slaves, showing him how to work the giant robots."

"He didn't build the robots?" asked Grix.

"No." replied the alien. "Hang on, I'll show you...."

The alien took them to a ridge on the hill. Below it they could see a small farming town and three of the giant robots.

"They're killing your people!" yelled Grix.

"No, have a closer look...."

They all looked closer and noticed that the lasers were not in fact aimed at the people, but at the land. The robots were digging and ploughing the land, helping the aliens with their farming.

"We are a peaceful race of farmers, please help us to get our planet back from the evil dictator, Sniper."

Fm thought for a moment. "Well, we'll see what we can do, perhaps Meka might have an idea, if we can ever find him."

The alien jumped up. "The one you call Meka is down there in the village, join us and we will celebrate your coming."

--- -

"Argh!" came Sniper's cry as he ran from Strafex's phaser blasts.

"That should keep him away while we escape."

They were about to flee from the dungeon when pb stopped.

"Wait, there's something I must do first..."

He disapeared down the corridor. Strafex heard some doors slam and Pb came running back with a bunch of small blue aliens.

"I found these guys locked up while wondering down here, they can take us to their village."
Mon 21/01/02 at 14:47
Regular
"not dead"
"Pb" said Sniper, in one of those fake trying to sound nice voices.

"Yes" replied pb, very suspiciously.

"I have a surprise for you, a new friend."

pb cowered in terror as Salevaa approached him, stinking like an old man's undies, with murky brown drool dripping from his mouth.

pb removed a gun from within his sock. He'd forgotten about it until that moment, and fired at Salevaa.

The bullet seemed to pass right through him, though there was a filthy patch on the wall behind him.

pb fired a further 5 shots to no affect, and continued to back away from Salevaa. He pulled the trigger again, but nothing. Out of bullets. He backed right to the wall, then threw his gun at the creature.

Stil it approached him. He could feel it's breath on his face, and the stench was almost unbearable.

Suddenly there was a huge crash, and the roof caved in, knocking the wall out behind pb. He fell back, but was pretty much unharmed.

Salevaa had been knocked back, and was now retreating, looking at the strange metal object that had crashed through the roof.

pb recognised it as a ship from the Space Station.

The door opened and out stepped Strafex, looking clearly shaken.

pb grabbed him by the hand, and ran into a tunnel.

After catching his breath Strafex spoke "pb, I'm so glad I found you. It's the other's, they're in grave danger!"

"What is it?" Asked pb, giving Strafex time to catch his breath.

"Grix, FM, Mouldy Cheese and the android er-no are far away from here, on the other side of the planet. They fell through a dustbin, into a mountainous area with a river running through it."

"How do you know this?" Asked pb.

"I landed there briefly, nd saw them. Then I saw THEM!"

"What, you saw Grix, FM, Mouldy Cheese and er-no, then you saw Grix, FM, Mouldy Cheese and er-no?" Asked pb, perplexed.

"No, THEM. I said it like that for dramatic effect. THEM being these giant robots. Of doom. They had big lazer eyes, and were tearing the landscape to shreds! So I ran away, for help." said Strafex.

pb scratched his head. He felt dizzy, then he felt the sudden urge to go back to Sniper's place....

------------

"So how long are we going to hide here?" Asked Mouldy Cheese, "I mean, I'm not a big fan of water, so being in here, up to my neck doesn't sound like a good idea to me."

"Well what do you suggest, we face those big robots?" Asked FM

"We should find Meka, he'd know what to do." Said Mouldy Cheese.

"Which one was he?! Asked Grix, who was treading water, despite the river bed being right under his feet.

"He was the guy that sent me to capture you, and told us not to kill you."

"Oh" said Grix

er-no beebed twice to suggest that it was time for a dance. His speakers dropped into place with a *CLICK*

(It's been a while since we finished on a *click*)
Wed 16/01/02 at 20:57
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
After a minute or so of staring at the light, FM came to a conclusion about the light.

"It's the sun".
Wed 16/01/02 at 20:55
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Mouldy Cheese, being the wrestling fan that he is, decided to kick FantasyMeister in the face when he reached the river.

Unfortunatly, Cheese missed FM by about twenty meters, landing with a rather large, rather wet spash.

The group, now consisting of er-no, Grix, FM and the aforementioned dairy product, climbed out of the river via a handily placed set of swimming pool stairs.

The group had not landed in a river - it was a swimming pool. Grix only called it a river because he thinks that everything wet is a river.

Yuh, there probably is a pretty easy joke to make there, but I think i'll leave Team B to make all of the crude sexual references. This is a classier story. We have robots and stuff. You have Ant in a bed.

Anyway - they had landed in a swimming pool. The strange thing was, it was heated. And it was also in the middle of no-where, halfway up a mountin.

"What the BEEP?" said Grix, summing up everyones feelings precisly. "Er-no, where in carnation are we?"

Er-no had, unfortunatly, gotten rather wet in the swimming pool. Which I suppose is unsurprising, really.

"What are you doing in my SWAMP?" shouted er-no, in a voice strangely similer to Mike Myres's in Shrek.

Grix was about to attempt to fix er-no using the old 'Kick him' technique (usually reserved for things with the word Microsoft on), when a bright shining light appeared in the sky. The group looked up in awe...
Wed 16/01/02 at 14:45
Regular
"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." Mouldy Cheese said. "Put me out in the sun, and phew, not a good thing."

"Never mind that... what's this?" FM said, reaching down towards the bottom of the trashcan...

FM felt a handle, and opened it downwards. The garbage can reached down a metre or so, and so they fell a metre or so.

"Ow."

Fm looked ahead. Wading in garbage water, he began to crawl down a small tunnel that seemed to journey on forever...

Then he felt himself slipping, sliding faster and faster towards the bright light at the end of the tunnel...

---------

A man began to fall from the sky... and landed a river, in the mountains.

He scratched his head, and wondered what the hell just happened.

Then he started to make his way back to the sewer.

----------

FM looked around. He seemed... he was in a study. There was a book on the table, it looked like a diary... he started to read...

But as he did, for some reason, his legs decided to walk the other way, and he went towards a door. He tried the handle, it was locked.

FM started to shout, but he couldn't hear his own voice... he looked into the shiny surface of a silver plate, and Pb's worried face gazed back at him.

---------

FM felt himself falling... and before he realised what was happening, he landed in a large river with a splash. Naturally.

He looked around, and then up. Mouldy Cheese and Grix were flying down towards him.
Wed 16/01/02 at 09:06
Regular
"not dead"
There was a sudden flash of light, and Grix, FM, er-no and Mouldy Cheese found themselves back in the tunnel, about to come out into the midday sun.

"What the hell happened just there?" Asked FM

Grix shook his head.

er-no beeped.

Mouldy Cheese shrugged.

A huge booming sound could be heard, and the roof above them began to shake, and then crumble.

"Quick, run!" siad Moudly Cheese.

So they did. Stopping only to look at the giant robot that ws punching its way through a number of large buildings.

"Over their looks safe!" cried Grix, pointing to a bus shelter, mere seconds before a giant's foot crushed it.

"In here then!" said FM, and jumped in a nearby dustbin.

The others followed.

Once inside they were aware of silence. No sound of destruction at all. But it wasn't half smelly.
Mon 14/01/02 at 13:32
Regular
Strafex looked at the various reports from the away team in his office in the spacestation. Blips about Sniper, Giant Robots and PB being taken over...

But he was lost and confused so he decided to do the usual thing - write himself in and hope someone would fill him in on the plot...

So he took a spaceship from the Space Station (with a crew who can be written in when they are needed...) and went down to the planet.

Wondering where to land, he checked where the the first crew had gone.
Er-no had disappeared, PB was in a building but supposedly cracked, so Strafex decided to land where Grix and Fantasy Meister was.
As he stepped out the of the spaceship he saw...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.