GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" this forums resembles the x box (dead)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 09:48
Regular
boy this forum really died
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Unretired"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> see wasn't long till someone took it seriously.

Was refering to the "sad ninty" remark afterwards.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:24
"Lemon eyewash"
see wasn't long till someone took it seriously.
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Unretired"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> or because there more mature than the sad saps that play the GC.
>
> GC is for pre-school kids, PS2 is for teenagers and the x box for
> adults.
>
> (and no i don't mean it as i'm just messing but no doubt sad Ninty's
> will take it seriously)

Pathetic..
Wed 26/02/03 at 18:17
"Lemon eyewash"
or because there more mature than the sad saps that play the GC.

GC is for pre-school kids, PS2 is for teenagers and the x box for adults.

(and no i don't mean it as i'm just messing but no doubt sad Ninty's will take it seriously)
Wed 26/02/03 at 17:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tóm wrote:

> I personally think the fact that there are few Xbox fanboys resembles
> the type of gamer that buys the Xbox console.

They're all stupid and don't have the ability to structure a one lined comment...
Wed 26/02/03 at 04:41
"Lemon eyewash"
Untitled wrote:
> boy this forum really died

na been playing great games, unlike the ninty's hence why so many are in here looking for someone to whinge to :)
Tue 25/02/03 at 23:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
TS2 is nothing to Goldeneye.

How it can be your 2nd fav ever is ridiculous.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
Well, GamesTM reviewed the UK version and trusting stuff on the internet isn't the best idea. I'll place my trust in GamesTM for now.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:32
Regular
IGN have said that the Xbox version also has the mini skate boarding games and extras which don't appaer in the PS2 version?! They also said that it isn't down to lazy programming about the slow down on the first part of the game they have actually said that it would take far too long to create a special effects system using the Xbox hardware. The Xbox is the only version to include a Dolby Digital 5.1 Chip so the PS2 version remains as standard Dolby Surround which is no where near the quality of Digital. I will have to wait and see for myself next week when I get the game because after playing the PS2 version extensively it will be nice to see which is the most enjoyable version.
Tue 25/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Timesplitters 2 is an absolutley appauling game anyway and the Xbox
> version ran fine at a solid 60fps. The controls were reasonable and
> the game was Dolby Digital encoded (this didn't make it a solid game
> though). What was better about the GameCube version as I haven't
> wasted my time or money renting both? The single player is positively
> one of the worst I have ever played and as I am not into multi-players
> the game went to waste.

Well that's your opinion. For me, Timesplitters 2 was the spiritual successor to Goldeneye 007 - and is my second favourite FPS of all time. I reckon the single player is excellent, what with a well executed story mode, plus tonnes of fun and exciting challenges.

Timesplitters 2 is better on GameCube for various reasons. I think Free Radical Design said it would be (after calling Nintendo their 'spiritual home'), there's an instant four player deathmatch option, and the controller is by far the most comfortable. I think the graphics are better too, but I'm not sure about anything else. Anyone know?

> Metal Gear Solid Substance I have read is better on the Xbox with
> crisper and sharper visuals as well as the Xbox exclusive material (even
> though it is released for the PS2 again?!) and it supports full Dolby
> Digital 5.1! Unless IGN and the reviews so far have tricked me by saying
> the Xbox version is better then I will have to wait and see next Friday
> when it is released.

The fact that it was designed specifically for PS2 and then ported to X-Box (quite lazily, actually), means that the visuals are exactly the same for both versions. On top of this, the XB version suffers from quite a bit of slowdown not apparent in it's PS2 counterpart - thanks to this straight port. As for sound, I have no idea - it may be Dolby 5.1 on PS2, too.

There are no exclusive features on the XB - quite the contrary. It's the PS2 that gets them this time round - Sony's version will feature the skateboarding mini-game exclusively. Why Konami didn't do a better job on porting is anyone's guess - they've always seemed to favour the PS2. At the end of the day though, Sony have by far the best version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.