GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"James Cameron's Dark Angel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse'.
Tue 25/02/03 at 10:11
Regular
hi. i've been waiting for this one for a while. i love the series and i love girls that kick a$s like Max and Buffy (not including Lara because she only kicks a$s in the film, in the games she just shoots people). i just downloaded the trailer for it and it looks really sweet. only came out on the 22nd. i'll have to dip into my ICA, mainly because i bought some dudey DG trainers a couple of days ago but i believe it'll be worth it.

anyone got this yet???
Wed 26/02/03 at 13:59
"High polygon count"
Loved the TV show, but not interested in the game.

I heard the TV show had been cancelled - is that true?
Wed 26/02/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Whatever you do don't miss out Dead or Alive: Extreme boob ball
>
> Word of mouth says it's akin to playing with dolls.

Actually Edge just gave it 8 out of 10, only one mark less than Metroid Prime got.....which means a game with very little structure, no blasting, objectives and a "different" soundtrack is only a little worse than one of the biggest releases this year for Nintendo.....and unlike the crappy Beachspikers it's actually easy to control. Edge's review suggest it's a good game, and that those who are buyig it just for the graphics will soon get bored, it's really just a laid back kinda game and I don't see the problem. Think about it, most people on here are male, so what is actually the problem with the game ? Maybe we should be looking for games with half naked guys instead ??? I don't think so......

Slowdown on Dark Angel - two reasons; 1) PS2 version 2) There is an actual slowdown effect which mimicks the effect on the show. And I still stand by it and say it's a goodish game, I'd never trust a GAME employee's word.....beware for they are Sony salesmen in disguise !

Remember to vote everyone

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 26/02/03 at 08:44
Regular
"BOSE"
er-no wrote:
> Ok, this is a TERRIBLE game.
>
> I played it after shop shut on Sunday.
>
> Its crap. Its the complete package to a repetitive, no thought,
> terrible video game.
>
> Please don't waste your money.
> ARGH!
>
> 'Blow up the fence'
>
> 'Run through'
>
> 'Kick some more men'
>
> 'Oh, look at that crap slow down for NO REASON'

i don't get slow down on my Xbox. dunno why you do. the game rocks! and i'm a little surprised that someone hasn't heard of the Dark Angel TV series. i'm up to the part where you have to fight a Y Creature called Bear :-|
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:57
"Lemon eyewash"
Mantis wrote:
> What the hell is dark angel. Never even heard of the TV programme.

Channel 5 show it mate think it's on errrr fridays and sky one showed it, it's had 2 seasons and has since been canceled which is a shame as i really really like the TV series. it's also avalible on DVD now.

darkangeltheseries.com for a bit of info on it if your interested. also mentions it being canceled too.

can't believe they canceled the series but they keep making alias? duh cack series
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know about the series, but I've never sat down and watched it.
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
What the hell is dark angel. Never even heard of the TV programme.
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ok, this is a TERRIBLE game.

I played it after shop shut on Sunday.

Its crap. Its the complete package to a repetitive, no thought, terrible video game.

Please don't waste your money.
ARGH!

'Blow up the fence'

'Run through'

'Kick some more men'

'Oh, look at that crap slow down for NO REASON'
Tue 25/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
Whatever you do don't miss out Dead or Alive: Extreme boob ball

Word of mouth says it's akin to playing with dolls.
Tue 25/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
May give it a miss then until its on special offer or something. Want to get Resident Evil Zero, Metroid Prime and Devil May Cry 2 this month. Still got a few other games I havent managed to play too much, as well as uni work to do.
Tue 25/02/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
The best way I can put it is this;

If you have the money spare for the other games,and you are a fan of the show, then get it.

If buying this game means you'll miss out on getting something like Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, DOAX, LOTR Two Towers or something similar, then don't.

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.