GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Big MGS2 Surprise From Play Magazine"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 19:28
Regular
as this months play magazine landed on my floor i quickly rushed and picked it up to be greeted by the words MGS2 IMPORT REVIEW INSIDE. i quickly tore open the wrapping and went to page 24 where the review started. around 6 pages of MGS2 bashing later saying the story was pants and you keep getting interrupted on codec every 2 seconds and raiden sucks compared to solid snake i saw the score. 77% SEVENTY SEVEN PERCENT?!?!?!!? damn man what's up with that i thought this was the games of all games. i hope this is just a crappy american version and the PAL version will be so much better
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:45
Regular
i hope it comes out on 8/3/02 because they i can buy OPS2 with the playable demo and practice before it comes out.
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:51
77%!! what the . Every other mag i've read where they have played the game raved about it the demo is amazing and theres another demo of it coming out with the next Offical PS2 mag. I personally think that they have given it this because of the new character Raiden, i believe when they first heard about him they put him down because he's not Snake it won't be the same etc.. And although yes i would like to play with Snake the whole game and this new bloke has a lot to live up, i believe they have put the game down because the reviewer was too narrow minded to accept someone new on the scene.Well thats just my opinion anyway.
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
8/03/02. Damn going to be getting my X-Box a week later, and will probably still be on MGS2.
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:56
there were other reasons too like the length of the cut scenes with you just watching the thing and also you getting interrupted every second by codec with useless drivvel. i don't think he knocked 23% off it just cause of raiden
Thu 03/01/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Ill trust my own Judgement when i get it.
That score is a little too hard to believe.
Maybe Edge magazine will be the defining moment or even Digitiser for a proper score.
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:01
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well if you wait for Digitiser's verdict, I expect the rest of us will be playing through MGS3!
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:05
Yeah well even so i can't believe they would have knocked 23% off, the demo was fantastic and everything i've heard about it has been good till now. I still believe it will be a 90%+ game myself.
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:06
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
damn i was looking forward to mgs2, it's just one of those games that suffer from too much hype and if it is not as we expected then we hate it for it. i personally played the demo and though it was good, if not excactly as i pictured it.
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Anyone got the Edge score? The new copy was meant to come on 29th Dec... but still hasn't! Any other subscribers had the same problem?

I may even have to ring them!

Sonic
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:13
the way some people think about MGS2 kojima could put you in the game itself and it still wouldn't be enough for them. people are expecting too much from it and will be disappointed when like a frame of animation gets jerky

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.