GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Big MGS2 Surprise From Play Magazine"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 19:28
Regular
as this months play magazine landed on my floor i quickly rushed and picked it up to be greeted by the words MGS2 IMPORT REVIEW INSIDE. i quickly tore open the wrapping and went to page 24 where the review started. around 6 pages of MGS2 bashing later saying the story was pants and you keep getting interrupted on codec every 2 seconds and raiden sucks compared to solid snake i saw the score. 77% SEVENTY SEVEN PERCENT?!?!?!!? damn man what's up with that i thought this was the games of all games. i hope this is just a crappy american version and the PAL version will be so much better
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, how long do GAD's take nowadays? I got DMC about a week ago...

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
that's good then...
i'm gonna have to try and win gad to get final fantasy X....
it's unbelievable how much everyone charges to preorder it!!
45 quid!!! online too
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:20
Regular
nope because i wont be paying £39.99 for it. any way i am going away that week because its a school holiday
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
remember all the people who got gta3 for gad?
well they didn't get it on the release day...so kid rock aren't you worried that you're not actually get it on the release day?
(it's no big deal but i'm just curious to know)
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
> edge gave mgs2 8/10? if so that's 2 mags now which has given it around the same
> score - 77% and 80%. not looking too good

errrr.... 8/10 from edge means it is a MUST HAVE title for PS2 owners. Just short of being an all time classic...

you see, Edge actually review fairly. 5/10 means just that... the game is in the middle, average, nothing bad, but nothing new either... just what was expected.

On the other end, 10/10 means perfection... a game that pushes ALL the boundries... a masterpiece.... oddly enough, these are only given rarely! The last game I can remember to get 10/10 was halo, before that it was Soul Calibur, and before than it was Zelda OOT! It's like getting 40/40 from Famitsu!

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 11:45
Regular
im getting this for my GAD win and it better be god. i found the controls a bit difficult because i have never played a MGS game properly so at the moment im going into First Person mode and then shooting the ceiling.
Sat 05/01/02 at 11:22
i think thats why some people are slating the first game and this 1, but it all depends on what you look for in a game, i personal think MGS2 is going to be the best game on the PS2 and will be my fav for a while!

also what do you people think is the best PS2 mag to get, i get the uk-official PS2 mag my self!
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Bah"
kingklik wrote:
> Indeed Edge did give GTA3 6/10, but Edge are unlike any other games publication
> and seem to evaluate games to a far deeper level than most.

Apparantly that was a misprint :)
Also i have the january edition of ops2 but does ne one have the february?
MM
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:34
true that. the reviews just point me in the direction
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:28
You've hit the nail on the head there. Mag reviews are for guidance, only you can know your own gaming likes and preferences.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.