GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Battalion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
As a lot of you will probably know, this is one hell of an expensive game. I like the concept, controlling a massive mech using a huge controller with loads of cool little buttons and stuff on it.
But due to the price, this is one game I'm not gonna be buying on a whim.

Has anyone got any views on this game? any sort of information about it, as in, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mon 03/03/03 at 14:07
Regular
"BOSE"
i'm not gonna pay £150 for a game. my friends'll think i'm mad!
Sat 01/03/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well, I just got a rolling demo of the game today, and from what I saw, it looks relativly good.

The controller is just awsome, it gave a guide on how to work it, it looked complicated. But fun.

The game looked good too, you dont just fight other mechs, you fight against the military, troops, tanks, planes and all other kind of things. The arenas are destructable too. The only thing I dont like about it, is that if you crash and blow up without ejecting, all your saves are wiped from memory!

I'm going to get it, it's original, challenging, and most of all, it looks a lot of fun.

Also, if it does turn out to be dissapointing, GAME will take it back within 2 weeks, so there's nothing to lose really.
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Grrrr.....
>
> I challenge you to a duel, of, er.
>
> Umm...........
>
> Sir I accept your challenge and I choose Soul Caliber 2 at dawn ! ;-)

If bloomin' only!

:)
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Savatt78 wrote:
> But then thats a 6/10 console. Almost 5 in fact. :-)

Utter rot, 4/10 maximum.....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cyclone wrote:
> Grrrr.....
>
> I challenge you to a duel, of, er.
>
> Umm...........

Sir I accept your challenge and I choose Soul Caliber 2 at dawn ! ;-)
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
It depends on the likes of Capcom continuing to support it. A sequel has been confirmed as being in development so thats another game that will obviously use the controller.
Other than that, its a case of waiting to see what happens.
Price aside, it'd be ashame if they didn't come up with other titles as I think it has some good potential to be used in other games. I mentioned a tank style game which could be good, then you have other possibilities such as ship controls, etc.
Maybe even a game that uses a combo of the large controller with a standard pad (going on a switch between vehicle control and character control).

Its definatly a game for hardcore mech game fans. But some decent support could see a lot more people warm to the idea of having the large controller and the games for it.
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Make me - skank boy. :-))

Grrrr.....

I challenge you to a duel, of, er.

Umm...........
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
Can't you use the chunder controller with any other games?
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Make me - skank boy. :-))
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Shut it!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.