GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Battalion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
As a lot of you will probably know, this is one hell of an expensive game. I like the concept, controlling a massive mech using a huge controller with loads of cool little buttons and stuff on it.
But due to the price, this is one game I'm not gonna be buying on a whim.

Has anyone got any views on this game? any sort of information about it, as in, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sat 08/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wow, jokes on SR then. It'll probably cost them more to send it than they'll be getting going by the weight of the thing. ;-))
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm going to order from SR because, in an absent minded episode, I'm not in the flipping country when it comes out ! Uni field trip to Tenerife means I'll miss it coming out, and I don't trust Game to save it. So I think I'll try SR, even if they haven't got the release date down ! This way I can use free postage and it won;t matter because by the time I'm back it's bound to be here :)
Sat 08/03/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I certainly wont be carrying mine home, that controller is supposed to weigh a tonne. Nope, I'll be putting it in the back of the car.

:)

The GAME I go to still has the little board with the release dates on it and SB is still due for 28th March according to them. But if it's delayed then it's delayed, we'll just have to wait.
Sat 08/03/03 at 17:26
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Steel Battalion. Not long now and I'll be carrying
> mine home. ;-)))

More like, it'll be carrying you home.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Out of interest has anyone noticed that;

SR has changed the game release date to TBA
Game appear not to have it on their site anymore

?
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Steel Battalion. Not long now and I'll be carrying mine home. ;-)))
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I don't know for sure, but given the fact that the game costs 130, and the fact that someone could disappear with the game and the controller, I find it very unlikely. Blockbuster have never rented out lightguns, so I don't think they'll do it with this either - if you've seen the box Steel Batallion comes in then you'd see why I don't this will be up for rental. Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised.
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
"He's back"
Can someone tell me if we can rent the game with the controller??
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:37
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
My resolve is wavering as release date approaches...may have to order it.

Q. Where has anyone else ordered it from, and for how much (inc postage) ?

I figure that if I do get bored of it the saps on Ebay will pay a ton for it :D
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:22
Regular
I'll let you have your opinion, now you've let me have mine. Still think it's ridiculous, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.