GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Battalion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
As a lot of you will probably know, this is one hell of an expensive game. I like the concept, controlling a massive mech using a huge controller with loads of cool little buttons and stuff on it.
But due to the price, this is one game I'm not gonna be buying on a whim.

Has anyone got any views on this game? any sort of information about it, as in, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I've heard it requires more concentration to play than driving a car.

I'd love to give it a blast.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The point is Mav, you come in here saying the stuff you do, then you sit there wondering why people have a go at you.
And just because one mag rated Steel Battalion 6/10, I don't see how its only their opinion that counts. The reviews I've been reading have been rating it 8/10.

Yes its expensive, but it was always going to be aimed at a limited audience. At the end of the day, its Capcom attempting some innovation and there are people like me that love mech games and want Steel Battalion. Of course I could buy a GC for that price, but for me that would be more ridiculous because it would be £130 on something I don't want any games on whereas with Steel Battalion, at least I'm buying something I want to play.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> £130 could buy alot of milky bars.

And 130,000 penny sweets..
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Seen the import version in Another World today.....it is one BIG box styled to be like an ammo container kind of thing, looked impressive but they only had it on rolling demo.
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
£130 could buy alot of milky bars.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:22
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Its called joking around - at least on my point of view. Even if you
> do get hostile replies, can you really blame them ?
> From what I've seen, you spend your time in here constantly trying to
> make the X-Box out to be some mediocre pile of crud with games that
> are mediocre or nothing special, while at the same time, praising and
> advertising the GC.

Oh give it a rest, eh? You seem to think you know what 'joking around' is, but when I decide to join in - I suddenly get this three paragraph pile of crap about why I'm not allowed to say what I want to say? The fact is - I come in here to talk about X-Box, and if you actually look at the majority of my posts - they stick to that subject.

Steel Battalion is 130/150 pounds - and scored 6/10 in GamesTM. If a similar game was out on GC, I'd just say the same thing but with the roles reversed. It IS ridiculous, as it's a standard game and the same price as a quality console. Come into the GC forum if you want - bring up the X-Box where it's necessary if you feel the need, I wouldn't complain.

Usually, when I talk about GC in this forum - it's either a sensible comment, or in reply to an injust one. Similarly, if I feel a poor remark's been made about the X-Box in the Nintendo forum - I'll express my opinion. Seriously - why on earth must you try and make an argument out of things? Just leave it. Agreed?
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
In my opinion, it's not worth the money, i mean arcades will do a similar job, i admit not as good, but spending so much money on the game doesn't seem practical, maybe if other games came out that were compatible with the massive joypad, i'd consider. I don't have an xbox, so well, you know...
Mon 03/03/03 at 23:05
Regular
He's right you know Mav.

You spend more time in here than you probably do playing your Gamecube.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its called joking around - at least on my point of view. Even if you do get hostile replies, can you really blame them ?
From what I've seen, you spend your time in here constantly trying to make the X-Box out to be some mediocre pile of crud with games that are mediocre or nothing special, while at the same time, praising and advertising the GC.

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but at the same time we really don't care about the GC - theres a forum for the GC - this is the X-Box forum and it gets boring when we make a topic about a game or the console only to have people like yourself slating it as though it has to be in order to put the limelight back on the GC.

You're getting hostile replies from people for a reason - might be an idea to look at your posts and see why ?
Like I've said before, if I posted the same stuff as you in the GC forum but with the consoles reversed, I can imagine the hundreds of screaming replies and abuse I'd get.
I've already tried discussing stuff in there in the past between GC and X-Box. Funnily enough I was left feeling as welcome in there as Bin Laden in NYC.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:43
Regular
Lets talk about the X-Box, shall we children?

Belldandy wrote:
> Savatt78 wrote:
> But then thats a 6/10 console. Almost 5 in fact. :-)
>
> Utter rot, 4/10 maximum.....

My my! You are unforgiving little creatures today..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.