GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Battalion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
As a lot of you will probably know, this is one hell of an expensive game. I like the concept, controlling a massive mech using a huge controller with loads of cool little buttons and stuff on it.
But due to the price, this is one game I'm not gonna be buying on a whim.

Has anyone got any views on this game? any sort of information about it, as in, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
As a lot of you will probably know, this is one hell of an expensive game. I like the concept, controlling a massive mech using a huge controller with loads of cool little buttons and stuff on it.
But due to the price, this is one game I'm not gonna be buying on a whim.

Has anyone got any views on this game? any sort of information about it, as in, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I've seen a review in EGM magazine, and one in XGamer, and neither has convinced me it;s worth it, and I was seriously considering it. Reviews have both noted graphical glitches, bad draw distance and the fact that the mech cockpit takes up much of the screen. Worryingly they also note the gameplay is limited by the fact that combat is limited to quite close range. I'd like to play it, but £130 is too high for what seems a mediocre game, plus I don't have the space or enthusiasm for the controller. Nice idea, but the £130 I save buys me DOAX, LOTR TT and MGS2 Substance, anda bit of change besides :)

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 28/02/03 at 23:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
At least they've tried to create a game that has its real own innovations etc.
Sat 01/03/03 at 00:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
::strokes credit card::
I'll be picking up Steel Battalion as it offers a great mech game experience and I love mech games. Also, apparently the sequel is in production too and will offer online play, etc. So at least when you've forked out for this game, theres at least another title on the way thats gonna use the controller.
Hopefully Capcom will continue with another game or two that uses it too. Afterall, shelling out for a light gun and only getting one title is one thing, but to pay a lot more for a largw controller is quite another.

Good thing is that the controller does have the potential to be used in some excellent games, even beyond controlling a Mech. Something like a tank game could easily be brought along for a start and could be a damn good title when you look at what the X-Box is capable of.

Anyway, I'll be buying Steel Battalion, infact I'll be throwing a sicky on the day of its release. ;-)

"sorry.... can't... come... into... work.... today...... sick.... plague.... dying...... Seeya on monday !" ::hangs up::
Sat 01/03/03 at 01:19
Regular
It's a 6/10 game. Almost 5, in fact. You going to spend 130 on that? For the same price you could get a GameCube and a game.

It's ridiculous.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:00
Regular
"He's back"
does anyone no if i can rent steel battlion with the controller?

(blockbusters, this is)
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> It's a 6/10 game. Almost 5, in fact. You going to spend 130 on that?
> For the same price you could get a GameCube and a game.
>
> It's ridiculous.

But then thats a 6/10 console. Almost 5 in fact. :-)
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Shut it!

:D
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Make me - skank boy. :-))
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
Can't you use the chunder controller with any other games?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.