GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Devil May Cry 2 - Oh... my... god!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devil May Cry 2'.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:55
Regular
What a brilliant game!

Got it yesterday, played through some levels and I can tell you that it is damn fine.
Internet sites like Gamespot and IGN gave it poor reviews and I really dont understand why.
New moves, new characters, new story, new enemies...

I couldnt ask for more.

Easily going to be one of the best games, for the PS2, this year.

Anyone want to know anything specific?
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:26
DMC2 looks fantastic but to what I've heard its seems to have looks but not enough gameplay or story.
Hopefully, it'll turn out to be decent enough to purchase when its released.

DMC should last until then, and at £20... a bargain.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:11
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
True. Whta would you rather purchase Devil May Cry 1 8/10 £20
or Devil May Cry 2 7/10 £40 ? Akzakly
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I've heard that what Capcom were trying to do with DMC was recreate the old school style of gaming, where bosses had set attack patterns and you had to time things perfectly to survive and all that. Edge of the seat action if you like... and they did an incredible job. I love those shadow cats that turn into big spikes! It's like jump, batter the fire button, jump, batter the fire button... repeat frantically until you fall out of your chair.

But it can be extremely frustrating, because it also does the old school thing of giving you a couple of chances and then it's back to the start.

As for DMC2... they lost it I think. It's all style and no substance. And it doesn't even look as good. It's still great, but I would only get it if you haven't played the first one. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
About 4 steps and he jumps of if youre running across the wall.

About 4 steps and does a moonsault/backflip if you run *up* the wall.
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:39
Regular
How long can run along walls for, is it a couple of steps or until the wall ends?
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well, you play a guy that looks cool. You go round the place being all cool and everything with your impressive guns and flashy swords. You slash and blast everything that comes in you way. Tactical thinking will get you past the little puzzles and bosses that you come across. Creating all new attacks and getting special powers from orbs, crystals and amulets that you collect just kicks-ass. You can even turn yourself into a demon, seeing as though Dante is half human and half demon, which lets you come up with a whole 'nother arsenal of attacks. Combine all that with the story that you go through and youve got one hell of a good game.
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:24
"period drama"
Woo-hoo!

*Sets up camp by letterbox*

Spinny spinny slashy slashy.
Why is it so cool? Why? i don't understand.
It just is.
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, its even better in DMC2. You can run across and up walls, do a double jump and come flying down blasting your guns whilst free-falling vertically, Matrix style, then finish it off with a downward slash with your sword as you hit the ground. One deeeeead dead demon.

:-D
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:21
Tempted now with DMC.

Was considering that or Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut for my GAD3 claim.
*Still considering*
Sun 02/03/03 at 22:18
"period drama"
Now I''m all excited.

Gonna look mighty fine killing some ugly son-of-a-****h.
Bang bang bang, slash slash woosh - dead.
Huzzah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.