GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Devil May Cry 2 - Oh... my... god!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devil May Cry 2'.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:55
Regular
What a brilliant game!

Got it yesterday, played through some levels and I can tell you that it is damn fine.
Internet sites like Gamespot and IGN gave it poor reviews and I really dont understand why.
New moves, new characters, new story, new enemies...

I couldnt ask for more.

Easily going to be one of the best games, for the PS2, this year.

Anyone want to know anything specific?
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
It sounds brilliant, but tut tut to you Hercules! you "copycat".

I've thought of getting my PS2 chipped, but apparently it wrecks after a couple of years and for some unexplainable reason I feel that if I did have it chipped, things wouldn't be the same, as in I wouldn't enjoy playing it as much.

I also think you'll be missing out on sharing the enjoyment of the game on its official release with the rest of us. Still, I envy you this very moment.

:-/
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I know what you meant.

;-)
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hercules! wrote:
> Err... why would you want to constantly hit 'X' ?
>
> All he would do is jump.
>
> :-D
>
> And the game rules, I like it more.

Gah. I knew what I meant ;)
Tue 04/03/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Err... why would you want to constantly hit 'X' ?

All he would do is jump.

:-D

And the game rules, I like it more.
Tue 04/03/03 at 09:03
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I've been playing Devil May Cry 2 quite a bit, since I got it roughly a month ago.

IMO. It's all style no substance. It looks good and handles well-enough, but it isn't as good as the first one. They've completely buggered the combo-mechanics that made the first one so appealing. Now, it's so easy to stand there and hit "X" continously. It's far too easy as well, even when the difficulty has been increased. There is a "Dante Must Die" mode, but unless you perserve with this, you won't bother going through it more than a couple times.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
End of March is the UK release I think.

Something like the 28th.

Dunno.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
When does it come out?
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Apparently, she's a good...err... gal.

Still stuck, i'll have to wait and see what part she has to play.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:04
"period drama"
They'll probably both meet up right at the end for 'the big showdown'
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
She has boobs.

:-D

You dont see her much in Dantes story, which is what im going through now, so she's all mysterious and stuff. Actually, I only remember seeing her right at the start in the opening cutscene.

Must be something weird gonna happen...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.