GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Belldandy Demonstrates Why PC Gaming Sucks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 19:16
Regular
Okay, after Friday's fun little trip to GAME Nottingham I ventured back today to pick up Command And Conquer Generals. The idea controlling the US military and ahhnilating all opposition finally broke my enforced no PC game buying rule. So, handed over the money, get home, install it, run it, start first mission. PC crashes on loading and goes to desktop with "Serious error occurred". I install new drivers, get Dirext X 9, reinstall, get the three patches for it, try again..."serious error occurred"

Look to the internet for help - now just over two hours since returning from Nottingham and closest I've got to gaming was playing snake on my nokia whilst it installed.... find the problem on the tech support pages, find that Westwood blame it on many things, mostly the end users PC's, offer no explanation, and claim it is rare. Search for term on Google, find it is so rare that every C+C Generals forum out there has at least a topic about it, so not rare.

Get fed up, return to Nottingham - now third time in two days, get money back, will not be buying any PC game ever again....

Morals of the story;

Xbox isn't a PC, it lets you play games for starters.
GAME still suck.
Erm........

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 03/03/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Goatboy wrote:
> Much the same as "I believe in Bush, therefore shall choose to
> negate all other views"
>
> It works fine on mine.
> *shrugs*
>
> But I sold it to a terrorist.

You mean like your own "I don't believe in sod all so shall tell everyone else not to either" ? Yeah right.....

Since when did you stray into the Xbox forum ? Can't remember you ever even being here before.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Much the same as "I believe in Bush, therefore shall choose to negate all other views"

It works fine on mine.
*shrugs*

But I sold it to a terrorist.
Mon 03/03/03 at 11:49
"Darkness, always"
So, moral of the story is "Belldandy's PC is crap, ergo PCs are gay".

Genius.
Mon 03/03/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy wrote:
The idea
> controlling the US military and ahhnilating all opposition finally
> broke my enforced no PC game buying rule.
----

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*wipes eyes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Still, it could be said to be deeply ironic and prophetic that a game that encourages you to play as The US and kill civilians with chemical-weapons tractors didn't work.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sun 02/03/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ah I remember GCSE's....I figured it out that, in the whole three years I'm at Uni that I will never take as many exams as I did for GCSE's, we do about two a year, the rest is coursework !

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 02/03/03 at 16:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The only thing march brings for me is GCSE revision.

Feck.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm trying to resist the urge to use my credit card, it's clear at the moment but, for some mystical reason, my latest statement last Friday told me my credit limit had been doubled....:) Must resisit ....

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 02/03/03 at 11:52
Regular
March is quite a busy month for me, I'm going to get: -

On Xbox
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future (I've completed most of it, But had to give it back to a friend....)
XBOX LIVE (Possible)
Unreal Championship

On Gamecube
Pikmin
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Metroid Prime
Luigis Mansion (Maybe)
Animal Crossing (Maybe)

Bloody Monkeys, March is expensive!
Sun 02/03/03 at 11:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Substance should keep you busy for awhile mate. ;-) No doubt Master will be over next weekend to play the new games. ;-))

Might have to go against a few people on Live with Capcom vs SNK 2. ;-) Been playing more Serious Sam over the weekend - really good game. :-) Not exactly competition to Halo, but its fun to play nonetheless.

Will probably get onto some Splinter Cell after the Worthington Cup final too. March is definatly going to be an excellent month for X-Box games, I plan to pick up...

MGS: Substance
Toejam & Earl 3
Capcom vs SNK 2: EO
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers
Dead Or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
House Of The Dead 3
Steel Battalion
Shenmue 2

Plus I'll probably look into picking up Lamborghini if it comes out TOCA Race Driver and I have Indiana Jones as a GAD (thank god !)
I was gonna pick up Battle Engine Aquila too, but I decided that better wait until April time or so - depending on what comes out around the time cause I'll be paying back my credit card bill for the above. ;-))
Sun 02/03/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Cyclone - you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag mate.
> ;-))
>
> Belldandy - I'll be picking MGS: Substance at the end of the week
> along with Toejam & Earl 3 and Capcom vs SNK 2: EO. :-)

Think I'm going to get Substance, can't afford any of the others as I want Two towers and DOAX this month also, plus I'm hoping that Operation Flashpoint comes out on time - doubtful.

Breed is not a HALO beate, it's a HALO clone, and HALO 2 comes out this Xmas and will inevitably, be better. The foorage I've seen of Breed makes it pretty clear where the inspiration comes from, it can never have one thing Halo 2 will have. All players get the same game, with no hassle, and all oinline players will get the same game, with the same high quality service. Not to mention that Halo 2 can draw on masses of background info and other stuff.

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.