GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Official Devil May Cry Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 19:26
Regular
Ok people i don't know if theres all ready one of these but here it goes. This thread will be used to talk about DMC and DMC only anything, If you just want to say how kool Dante is or ask for tips on a mission your stuck on. Just post things to do with DMC

Longy:0)
Page:
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:26
Regular
"WWJD"
Ok people i don't know if theres all ready one of these but here it goes. This thread will be used to talk about DMC and DMC only anything, If you just want to say how kool Dante is or ask for tips on a mission your stuck on. Just post things to do with DMC

Longy:0)
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:36
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah Id like to know how to get that darn power cell on Snowy mountain....Argh wrong game.....

Seriously, have any of you used the guide that comes with OPS2??I thought it would really help but I am not gonna use it when I get the game.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:38
Guides are evil, they cheat you out of the experience!

Sherpers are all right, but not in games.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:42
I finished Devil May Cry about a week ago, it wasn't exactly what I expected from a horror game and reminded me of Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver as opposed to Resident Evil. I will be reviewing it soon on PS2 Update with my actual verdict, also note they'll be a guide for Devil May Cry on PS2 Update soon as well to go with the ones for Extermination and Metal Gear Solid 2!

What was your favourite Devil May Cry moment?
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:45
Ain't finished it yet.... so can we keep the spoilers to a minimum please?

I'm pretty far in, but can't seem to get sufficient time to myself to finish it off. (Also I keep getting killed, but hey...)

ITs not like Res Evil or Soul Reaver if you ask me. Its just one big pretty action fest.

Mmmmmmmmm Devil May Cry!!!!!!!
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:48
i only got the game 2 hours ago! how do i get past the damn spider? im not really stuck but that where i last turned it off after dieing.
Mon 31/12/01 at 20:00
L1 my friend! Once in Devil Trigger mode, Spidey folds like sack of spuds (mixed metaphor? who cares!

Also, whilst dodging is of course essential, all out attack with a handful of dodging is far more effective than the "creep around and stab it gradually" approach.
Mon 31/12/01 at 20:02
that reminds me, what is the DT meter? the booklet keep going on about it and turning into a dragon. ive never done that. and L1 doesnt do anything.
Mon 31/12/01 at 20:04
It makes you glow purpley!

It also increases your strength greatly and your health gradually.

Its the way to win boss fights. Turning into demons is an option that comes up later in the game.....
Mon 31/12/01 at 20:06
so i have to hold L1 and i get more powerful? and thats the DT meter? thanks.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.