GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Goldeneye Ever get beaten?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
I am a dedicated console follower and own PS1, 2 , DC, N64 and GBC/GBA. I have recently bought James Bond: Agent under fire but i think goldeneye was better, even though the ps2 was clearly the more pwoerful machine. Your thoughts here!
Wed 02/01/02 at 18:27
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Sibs wrote:
> well Goldeneye in Agent took me longer than PD on agent. I dunno why, it just
> did.

This might be because, you had already got to grips with the game, by playing Goldeneye. So this means that you find PD easier. I bet now you can do some of the levels that you found hard on Goldeneye alot easier now!
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:31
Regular
I am not very good at FPS but I like them. As I only just got GoldenEye before Christmas I wasn't that good at it. By the time I got to the Statue level I had bought another game so played on that instead of GE. Becuase of this I dont find the PD level too easy. When I play GE or PD I play the level then nce its completed I turn off then come back and do the next level another day, I don't like playing the levels one after another. It may be a little wierd but I know what I'm on about!
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:38
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Joe Dark wrote:
>I play the level then once its
> completed I turn off then come back and do the next level another day, I don't
> like playing the levels one after another. It may be a little wierd but I know
> what I'm on about!

I find that I dont like playing games from start to finish, without stopping. The reason for this is because you play it so much all in one block, that you get bored of it more easily. And once you have completed it you dont really want to play it again, even if it is a really good fame. I quite often have more than two games on the go at once!
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:09
Regular
Having more games helps you not playing games from start to finish. When i first got my N64 I only had Mario and wave race, I tended to play on mario more but it didnt matter if i played on it a lot as it is a big game.
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:40
Regular
Sibs wrote:
What did you think of Aztec on 00 Agent?

Aztec WAS devilishly hard and I was stuck on it for ages.

BUT

It's not nearly as hard as Carrington Institute Defence or Mian SOS or many of the other nasty Perfect Dark levels.

Perhaps you didn't play as regularly when you first got Goldeneye so because you played PD for longer, it took less days.
Thu 03/01/02 at 11:31
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
JGCO said:
Can goldeneye ever be beaten?

The answer, is:

Yes.
Thu 03/01/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Can Goldeneye ever be beaten???

NO!!! Want to know why? No? Well I'll tell you anyway...

this has nothing to do with gameplay or anything like that... It is all to do with the fact that people paid me to get various cheats for them... (the most desirable... and therefore expensive... being all guns and invisibility)

This din't happen with PD simply because not as many people bought it. Why? Because it didn't have a Bond licence. Sad isn't it?

So that is my contribution.

Oh, but actually I tried Silo on 00 Agent in GE and although I didn't win it it didn't seem THAT hard... and I have done that challenge in NGC magazine which is to survive on Cradle on 00 Agent for 15 mins. (I even have the photos to prove it... may have to send them off to NGC sometime...) So maybe GE isn't as difficult as PD in general, but I have found very few levels as hard as Aztec. Maian SOS is hard, but mainly because you are so short on energy, and Carrington Institute isn't THAT hard... (damn good level though!). One thing I felt was lacking from PD was a level like Silo in GE. A mad rush for the exit before you are blown to smithereens! There was a hint of this in levels, but only right towards the end of the level (CI: Defense and that level on the ship that was at the bottom of the sea... you know, with all the green arcitecture!)

So there you go...
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:24
Regular
What about the secrets?

The tower island at the back of the dam, orumov's briefcase and key (which opened the launch tower with the sniper rifle) on the silo, and all the others.

Perfect dark anounced the cheese as easter eggs, which by definition have no use.
The only other thing i can think of is the key to get into cassandra's office, and the grenade on her desk on the third level (getting out of the datadyne building). And you cannot say that created as much interest as the island at the back of the dam. Remember the converations about it in these forums? That gate next to the tank on the runway level that looked like it could lead to it? Oh, the questions. I still just wonder if there was ever a way to get there...
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:43
I think that Goldeneye and PD was the highlight of the N64's reign. Even Dreamcast and PSX owners talked about going round their mates to play it!

The SNES had DK country, nobody thought the SNES was capable of those hights but it matched the graphics of a PS1 game!

I think that Gamecube will also have a highlight and I'm expecting it to come in the form of the new Perfect Dark game in production. Agent Under FIre will keep us occupied with 4 player combat until a great 4 player shoot em up will be released, and I think that Perfect Dark Zero will be that game!
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:44
Rare have still got a Beta cart hidden away. I say we nab it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.