GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Goldeneye Ever get beaten?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
I am a dedicated console follower and own PS1, 2 , DC, N64 and GBC/GBA. I have recently bought James Bond: Agent under fire but i think goldeneye was better, even though the ps2 was clearly the more pwoerful machine. Your thoughts here!
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:52
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> I prefer Perfect Dark to Goldeneye - I think the question is can Perfect Dark
> ever be beaten - In a word no (not yet anyway!!)

Rare will better it with the Gamecube version.

Firstly, the slowdown will hopefully be none existent.
Slowdown stopped Perfect Dark being the greatest multiplayer game ever.

Secondly, the AI and animations will be even further advanced, not to mention smoother graphics, bigger more exciting levels and other things like that.

Goldeneye was beaten by Perfect Dark, but not in every sense.

No matter how hard I try, I can't shoot a guard's hat off in Perfect Dark...
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:00
Regular
By the way Sibs, Perfect Dark on Perfect Agent made any Goldeneye level on 00 Agent look like it was made for pansies.

Agent was for newbies to get to grips with the game, and it still took longer to complete than Goldeneye's Agent.

And getting all the cheats?

I have them all on Goldneye.

I have all but three on Perfect Dark, 3 that I have no intention of bothering with because:

A. They're long, hard and VERY unforgiving
B. My Perfect Dark skills aren't what they used to be
C. I might come within an inch of finishing before a last guard sneaks up and kills me with one round of ammunition to my head
D. I struggle to complete these levels normally, let alone within a VERY strict time limit.
E. I have All Guns so I don't need the Farsight Cheat, I don't need Pugilist and I don't care for playing as Elvis (no different to small Jo, other than the fact that you look like an Alien in the FMV sequences)

Still, although Perfect Dark is almost impossibly hard, I want the Gamecube version to be even bigger and harder!

Bring it on Rare!!!

(And think of a better way of earning cheats rather than just rushing levels!!!)
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
well Strafex, Just shows who is better at PD doesn't it
;-)

But seriously, I beat PD on agent in about 3 days, and GE on agent took me longer than that (but probably because I wasn't a FPS fan before GE though...)

And on Perfect agent, PD was tougher than GE on 00 Agent BUT I had become good at FPS (or Rares style of FPS anyway) due to GE. And what level in PD was harder than Aztec in GE? That level was an absolute KILLER!
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, but I never got ALL cheats on GE, cos the ones I didn't get were specific weapon cheats, and I had all weapons anyway.

But on PD I didn't have too much trouble getting all cheats. (it was hard, but perseverance was the key)

But yeah, I agree, I want PD on GC to be bigger, badder, harder, and all round better than the original!
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:25
Regular
I was a newbie when I first played Goldeneye but that just took me 4 days to crack Agent.

Perfect Dark took longer than that.

Play a Perfect Dark level and then play a Goldeneye level.
You can almost relax on Goldeneye in comparison.

As for who's better...

Another reason I await the Gamecube is because of the possibility of broadband play...

I'm going to blast your head right off your shoulders!! ;-D
Tue 01/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but one problem is that few levels are comparable to each other... anyway, I stick by saying that Aztec is the hardest level in Goldeneye or PD. What did you think of Aztec on 00 Agent?
Wed 02/01/02 at 00:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sibs wrote:
> yeah, but one problem is that few levels are comparable to each other... anyway,
> I stick by saying that Aztec is the hardest level in Goldeneye or PD. What did
> you think of Aztec on 00 Agent?

I agree that it was a hard level but not as difficult as some of the perfect dark ones. And as for agent goldeneye taking longer than agent perfect dark, thats a fairy tale. I done goldeneye agent in 3 days i know for a fact PD took longer than that.
Wed 02/01/02 at 10:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
well Goldeneye in Agent took me longer than PD on agent. I dunno why, it just did.

But what levels then on PD are harder than Aztec on 00 Agent? Tell me and I'll try playing one after the other and see.
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Same here, Goldeneye's Agent mode does seem to take longer than Perfect Dark's! But PD's missions are better and more enjoyable. I find Goldeneye quite boring at times, maybe cuz I got PD first of all??
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Back For Good"
The reason nothing has topped Goldeneye is because it's a classic, When it arrived there was little or nothing like it around and people remember it for that.

SSX for example, This was the highlight of the PS2 launch and stayed in the chart ALL YEAR even going to number 1. Along comes the sequel SSX tricky with improved tracks, no flickering board, no caving in sky, awesome uber tricks, 2 new courses, an excellent soundtrack and DVD extras and it's 50 times better than the original and it didn't even enter the top 10!!!!!

Same thing here ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.