GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Goldeneye Ever get beaten?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 17:32
Regular
I am a dedicated console follower and own PS1, 2 , DC, N64 and GBC/GBA. I have recently bought James Bond: Agent under fire but i think goldeneye was better, even though the ps2 was clearly the more pwoerful machine. Your thoughts here!
Sat 05/01/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yes it can!

I'm working on it now!

:)
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:40
Regular
Perfect Drak doesnt have the things like the Dam tower in as Rare probably spent more time on it, getting rid of mistakes.
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:45
Regular
"DS..."
Joe Dark wrote:
> On the Rare beta cart for GoldenEye you can play as all the different Bonds in
> multi player, Sean Connery, Roger Moore and the rest.

you can play as them by use of a cheat cart as well... there not the same though.
slik ~_~
Fri 04/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
On the Rare beta cart for GoldenEye you can play as all the different Bonds in multi player, Sean Connery, Roger Moore and the rest.
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, and Dr. Duck you could reach that Island on the Dam level... needed an action replay though...

Anyway, I think all the other Bond games after Goldeneye have just tried to emulate it's success (ie. take Rare's style of Bond shooter) but none of them can beat it. Why? Rare made that style of FPS. They were the developer who came up with it, and other developers are just trying to copy an idea, and not doing it as well as Rare could.
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:37
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yes, ofcourse Goldeneye can be beaten. However, owning both games, I can safely say that the latest attempt - Agent Under Fire, does not accomplish this. Still a decent game, mind.
Fri 04/01/02 at 11:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Actually I think Goldeneye could've been beaten, by itslef. The game idea was taken directly from the film, meaning it had to meet certain standards and was restricted to certain rules and ideas. It would've been much better if it an original idea, like Perfect Dark, and had no limits as to how far it could go. If it was made during the last year or two, instead of the 4/5 years ago, then the graphics would be even better, just like Perfect Dark's. Could you imagine that! And what if it had included that thing where you put your own face in?? Wouldn't you just love to see YOUR FACE on James Bond's dinner suit!! Or maybe not. But if it had been created and released more recently it would have been too near Perfect Dark's release, and may have even casue a delay with PD!!

PD is still no.1 though!!
Fri 04/01/02 at 10:13
Regular
"DS..."
Less Than Rancid wrote:
> Rare have still got a Beta cart hidden away. I say we nab it.

easier said then done lol, i believe it's located somewhere around deadmans heath, no joke!
slik ~_~
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:44
Rare have still got a Beta cart hidden away. I say we nab it.
Thu 03/01/02 at 23:43
I think that Goldeneye and PD was the highlight of the N64's reign. Even Dreamcast and PSX owners talked about going round their mates to play it!

The SNES had DK country, nobody thought the SNES was capable of those hights but it matched the graphics of a PS1 game!

I think that Gamecube will also have a highlight and I'm expecting it to come in the form of the new Perfect Dark game in production. Agent Under FIre will keep us occupied with 4 player combat until a great 4 player shoot em up will be released, and I think that Perfect Dark Zero will be that game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.