GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THPS3 Modem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 15:35
Regular
For those of you that own the game and a modem, what modem have you got and where did you get it from, does it all work OK ?

That's it, no more questions for now !
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I really want to play this game online. If I can get the stuff, I could play free of charge using my NTL World account.
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Tag as above"
I don't have this game as of yet, but I was wondering if it will work with the NTL Terrajet Cable modem, either via the usb on it directly or via a usb network adaptor.

I info would be appretiated.
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:51
Ah, I'm facing the same dilemma.

Haven't actually heard of any of those modem makes before - was kind of hoping that most USB modems would work....
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:14
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Cheapest I found was the Zoom one @ around £85 all in, not too cheap are they !
Mon 31/12/01 at 21:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks, I saw this info in the manual, I thought (wrongly?), that any external USB modem would work, but then life is never that easy!
Will search yahoo for outlets etc.
Mon 31/12/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Havent got a modem so cant tell you if it works ok. There is limited play over a 56k modem compared the a cable connection. The modems below are listed in the manual and should work ok. AOL is not currently support for online play. To play online you need to put the phone number and passwords you normally use to connect to your ISP. I have a ISP which uses a special piece of software that hides the phone number. So I cant play online for free if I had a modem as I dont have a phone number to use.
Mon 31/12/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Actiontec call waiting modem, Model USB56012-01CW
Multitech multimodem USB, Model MT5634ZBA-USB
Swann smart USB 56k V.90 modem
Multitech multimodile USB, Model MT5634MU
Zoom/faxmodem 56k USB, Model 2987

All this information was in the THPS3 manual.
Mon 31/12/01 at 15:35
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
For those of you that own the game and a modem, what modem have you got and where did you get it from, does it all work OK ?

That's it, no more questions for now !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.