GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THPS3 Modem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 15:35
Regular
For those of you that own the game and a modem, what modem have you got and where did you get it from, does it all work OK ?

That's it, no more questions for now !
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:24
You don't need ethernet. The game works on a standard 56k modem through a telephone line just as well as through broadband.

All you do is use your standard ISP dial up details with a compatible USB 56k modem

Better get practising coz I will find a compatible modem soon
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Bah"
how many peole here have ethernet any way?
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:20
I think the ones in the manual are for the US.

Our search through our suppliers for the ones listed has been unfruitful.

Must play THPS3 on-line and prove my worth to the world soon or else.........
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just looked its this topic that has the list on it.
There is a list, its at the back of the manuel
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
There's supposed to be a list of compatible modems in the THPS3
> manual?! Or so I read on another website.

Yes there is a list in the manual. I posted the list on a THPS3 topic started by G1NGER. The topics not that old as I only got the game for christmas.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:14
"High polygon count"
Joe King wrote:
> Being a THPS3 Freak I have been trying every modem
> possible to try and get online and as yet I haven't
> found one that works (arghhhh)

There's supposed to be a list of compatible modems in the THPS3 manual?! Or so I read on another website.
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:14
Regular
"Bah"
i havent heard of one that you can get in britian yet thats 100% compatible although theres a pretty good one for £35 from othre countries!
MM
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:11
Sorry to hear about your experience in our Club store, must remember to cut that member of staff's rations for a week as a lesson.

Being a THPS3 Freak I have been trying every modem possible to try and get online and as yet I haven't found one that works (arghhhh)

In the meantime, if one of you guys comes across one, let me know (I want to start my world tour of skating dominance!)

Rest assured that as soon as I find one, we will stock it.

Now, where's that Diamond Supra got too......
Fri 04/01/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm borrowing a Diamond Supramax form a friend this afternoon, will let you know how I get on later....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.