GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY=GAMEACON"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/09/00 at 20:35
Regular
Have any of you noticed that most days if you log on at 6pm (I got surftime so it's free after that) then the winner is already announced! I think thats a con! Admins mods can you tell me why I am being conned into spending all my time here making your site look popular when I could just go on a chat room with the knowledge that no one has any of my records like email, whereabouts I live, etc!

Also I have been on this site for over a year! Some people I know from my area have been on once or twice and have won cos they are new members! (Like Python, I know him! He's only been on once or twice and not came back since he won!)
Thu 07/09/00 at 22:52
Free money is better - I bet you are all glad I told u 'bout it, U were all SO sceptic b4....
Fri 08/09/00 at 01:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Look, we've lost track of the original point of the topic here, which was is Gameaday a con or not?

Special Reserve, with their corporate panache, have defended themselves admirably on this point, I think. Just adding my insignificant voice to this matter, however, to say that I think it's very nice of these nice chaps and chappettes to provide us with a gaming forum in the first place, as there are many other places we could be going to air our views and have our voices heard, aren't there?

The bonus of that slim chance of getting a freebie game at the same time, although to some may act as an incentive, is nontheless irrelevant. Gaming forums are a valuable contribution to the gaming sector, to us gamers, and Ali's lunchbreak, and this should never be forgotten.
Fri 08/09/00 at 08:20
Regular
"not dead"
It's nothing more than clever marketing though really. They are now quite a few places that list this forum as a competition to win games. Special Reserve are hoping people will post a message here in the attempt to win a game, then browse the rest of the site, and maybe buy something. It's clever, and there could be something in it for us.
It's also quite original. I know of another forum that for each message you post you are given a 5p credit, this can be taken off the price of games purchased on their site. However you can only have a maximum discount of £2 at a time.
So special reserve aren't doing this from the goodness of their hearts, they are trying to attract more customers, the fact that we have somewhere to air our views and could win a game is only a bonus of this to us.
Fri 08/09/00 at 16:17
Regular
"Under the Wall"
It's a great situation where eveyone benefits. We get a nice place to discuss stuff with (sometimes) like minded people, plus the joy of a free game if we're lucky. Special reserve draw in customers (I think if it hadn't been for the discussions (and possibly the prize), when I first stumbled across this site I'd as likely as not have forgotten about it and never joined Special reserve, and it wouldn't surprise me if special reserve also made a fair amount from the banner ads too.

Anyway, to come back to ciao, and the concept of people being sceptical at first, I do have to say that nobody's actually had any hard cash in their hands as a result of it yet, have they? It sounds like quite an expensive little venture for them and the lack of adverts or links to other sites suggests that they couldn't be racking too much in. Please excuse me for not being convinced untill someone credits my bank account.
Fri 08/09/00 at 17:09
without SR - I could never have informed you all about that great money making site - and that would have been a shame - So SR do provide a great place for people to post their views and all. But If you are only posting to win Gameady then don't - this is a place to post messages - yes winning a game is GREAT - and although the method of which the games winners are chosen is a bit 'lame' to say the least - i.e. letting people that are new win - so that they will think Great - SR are cool - and I'll buy from them in the future.
Methinks the above.
Fri 08/09/00 at 18:17
I agree.
*and just to make sure I don't win a game for this post I'll stop there!*
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:36
Regular
I'm new, I'm new, I'm new, I'm new.

Does that win?
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:54
No - bcoz U said it 4 times. no diss to new peeple that av stayed on - but most come here post 1 thing and then ARS3 off....
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:56
yo dan, read the one that says" hey dan" just below
Fri 08/09/00 at 19:56
Regular
Some people have no stamina, I'm going to start a new topic.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.