GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY=GAMEACON"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/09/00 at 20:35
Regular
Have any of you noticed that most days if you log on at 6pm (I got surftime so it's free after that) then the winner is already announced! I think thats a con! Admins mods can you tell me why I am being conned into spending all my time here making your site look popular when I could just go on a chat room with the knowledge that no one has any of my records like email, whereabouts I live, etc!

Also I have been on this site for over a year! Some people I know from my area have been on once or twice and have won cos they are new members! (Like Python, I know him! He's only been on once or twice and not came back since he won!)
Fri 27/10/00 at 21:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Just goes to show. People who don't win games get shirty and people who do get nice. So - Gameaday is making people nice. Go forth and find others to join us in getting nice. We can change the world into nice people. Even Mike Tyson should win a Gameaday prize.

Mind you, I've never won anything. But I haven't written much either.
Fri 27/10/00 at 20:06
Regular
Oh God...

Please read what people say. PLEASE.
Fri 27/10/00 at 19:52
Regular
If you are so upset about, don't come back again, if your only here to win!
Fri 27/10/00 at 17:27
Why thank you, we do our best. It's gonna get better too, watch this space for some interesting new developments in Gameaday.
Fri 27/10/00 at 16:22
I'M TYPING THIS ONE IN CAPITALS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!

GAMEADAY WAS A POOR SERVICE WHEN I ORIGINALLY WROTE THIS MESSAGE BUT SINCE THE CHANGES TO THE FORUM TOOK PLACE THE SERVICE HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY! SOME OF THE LOYAL MEMBERS ARE STARTING TO WIN AND NOW THAT THE MESSAGES AREN'T JUDGED TIL THE NEXT DAY IT GIVES EVERYONE A FAIRER CHANCE.

When I was first here I didn't have a clue about what I was doing but now I know some of the people (by username but not in person) and I know who the regulars are, I have got more confident with this service.

A lot of people come here expecting to win straight away like Sneaky-savige and Y2Jenkins and Python (2 go to the same school as me) and the one of them did but they were only here for a short time and now they haven't returned.

I am loyal and most of you who read this are too. Special reserve will always have a place in my favourites list and when I create my first proper website, I'll let them have free banners at the top of the pages (They have given me 2 free games).

Gameaday=Gameacon should now be called
Gameaday=wasacon
Sat 09/09/00 at 21:55
To those who disagree with what I've been saying: This message must have some importance to as this is the most amount of replies to any topic I've ever had since I started going on forums!
Sat 09/09/00 at 21:14
I know how you feel Edgy, Dan etc. I spent ages writing about 1 A4 page for a post and didn't win anything and then, a few months later, someone shows up, uses most of the points in my posts an wins a free game for it. Another time when I wrote loads and the winner was someone who wrote something like 'Dolphin sounds a bit babyish, does anyone have any ideas for the name of Nintendo's next console' (no offense to thatt person but it really didn't warrant a free game).
If I got a penny for the number of times I wrote something and thought 'I can't fail to win with this one' I'd have been able to buy 5 games by now.
As it happens I've just written a page on the GameCube but since reading this topic I've decided to wait and post it in the morning instead of 9:10 at neght. I pobably won't win but you never know.......
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Me too! Do you think they'd let us win again if we did some more thought provoking stuff, or should I just write some more tongue in cheek stuff, like the one I won with?
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:38
"possibly impossible"
The worst thing is when you write something that gets picked for gameaday and then no-one replies to the topic, like my lovely emulators one.
I'm still online though and I've won.
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:48
Think how many regular people are on the sit contributing - about 20 - think how many have done a hit and run job - I.e one lame post then win - although most are good. And the case - i am p1ssed off but its ok -the game however is total S***e - don't beleive the reviews - 4 wheel thunder reeks of texas BO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.