GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Tube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 08:43
Regular
Am I the only person here who uses the tube and constantly gets offended by all the adverts in them?

All the adverts advertise loans, cheap holidays and cheap phone calls. Is it just me or do they see the average tube user as someone who has no money and lives off the government?
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
WTF??

£70 and 4 stops??

I've got 15 or so to do.. All the way from Ealing to Westminster...

Damn you...
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Hmmm. In all fairness, I only have to travel 4 stops on the tube so it's not too bad.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
heh, I'm in Zone 3

:-D
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Luton...I moved back home at the beginning of the year. Couldn't resist the home cooked food. Living in London was a bore...too expensive...too much time spent getting wasted.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
Where the hell do you come in from?
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
You're lucky - I pay £70 a week...
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
At about £10 a week, it's also a rip-off...
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:55
Regular
The Tube isn't too bad.

Unless you're at Vauxhall, and it says on the board the next tube will be along in 5 minutes.

12 minutes later it turns up. You get off at Kings Cross, run up the escaltor, all the way outside, across the road past the building site, then into St Pancras, to find the train to Leicester just leaving.

You then have to wait 25 mins for the next train, which stops about 4 times on the way (the previous train being direct, of course) and you then get into your lecture at 2:01pm.

But apart from that...
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
The "topic" was about the tube until you distorted the original meaning to your own tastes.

You ignoramus.
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:45
Slaveunit wrote:
> How about dropping your head forward?
>

Then you'll get robbed. Just do what I do, tilt your head slightly upwards and look and the fantastic undeground map, before counting the stations left until your stop. Works a treat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.