GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Tube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 08:43
Regular
Am I the only person here who uses the tube and constantly gets offended by all the adverts in them?

All the adverts advertise loans, cheap holidays and cheap phone calls. Is it just me or do they see the average tube user as someone who has no money and lives off the government?
Wed 05/03/03 at 08:43
"slightlyshortertagl"
Am I the only person here who uses the tube and constantly gets offended by all the adverts in them?

All the adverts advertise loans, cheap holidays and cheap phone calls. Is it just me or do they see the average tube user as someone who has no money and lives off the government?
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:08
"Darkness, always"
Note that many of the adverts advertise cheap calls to foreign countries, like Sri Lanka or something.

Not only are you a government sponger, but probably an immigrant as well.
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Don't forget the travel insurance adverts.

I use the stinking, squalid fetid tube everyday, much to my extreme distaste.
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I can't see how people can be offended by advertising - if you're not interested in the product, don't buy/use it.

It's not as if the poster is calling you a stroker or anything...
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:23
Regular
Congestion Charging!

WOW - What an idea (and a nice bit of bunce).
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Don't start me off on the congestion charging!

I feel a post coming on...

NNNNNGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:35
"Darkness, always"
Hey, someone's making a fair buck out of the congestion charge. I think I worked out that it would raise some £600million in its first year...
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:39
Regular
and it would pay for its self (equipment, etc) in a fairly short space of time.
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Hey, someone's making a fair buck out of the congestion charge. I
> think I worked out that it would raise some £600million in its
> first year...

And what's that cash going to be spent on? The roads? The public transport system?

And what about the evidence that the traffic lights in London were rigged so that they stayed on red longer before the system went live, and then changed back on the day of launch so the roads diddn't block? (Auto weekly)

And what about the fact that business around the country are having to raise their prices to the customers to cover the overheads? How about the smaller companies that don't even go into London anymore because they cannot afford to?
Wed 05/03/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's nothing about relieving the congestion, it's about robbing motorists for more cash, as if the extortionate fuel tax,oils tax, road tax, vehicle import duty and new car sales tax wasnt enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.