GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wretched Memory Cards!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/12/01 at 15:34
Regular
I recently got a ps2 for xmas :) with a game(f1) but decfided to purchase another game Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. When i got it home and put it in to my machine i played it for an hour non stop, then decided to play f1. I had cleared my old memory card which had 1mb on when i came to save it it wouldn't because i had an old memory card i had enough space on it but it didn't let me save it. So now i have to go out and shell out £25 just for a memory card. Why did't sony just make the machine compatible with both cards it would save a lot of difficulty, or do what the xbox is doig putting hard drives in that will save money on memory and will never have to worry about it.
Sun 30/12/01 at 10:21
Regular
"¬_¬"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> (I believe, though I haven't had the chance to test it) the PS1 multitap will
> work on the PS2 with PS1 games.

The PS1 multitap will work on the PS2 but only with PS1 games, or PS2 games that don't require the analogue buttons. It won't work with PS2 controllers (really annoying) but can be used on the PS2 with PS1 controllers.
Sat 29/12/01 at 23:49
"High polygon count"
Fosbe1 wrote:
> ok then where did u learn all of that. do u work for sony r u here
> to try and make us buy there products?

No, I don't work for Sony - it's freely available information, and anyone a little technological knowledge, an interest in the subject, and/or common sense could tell you exactly what I did.
Sat 29/12/01 at 23:49
"High polygon count"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
> It's like saying why don't Sony make old PSone
> controllers and multi-taps compatible with PS2

But they are. The original DualShock will work with any game that doesn't *require* analogue buttons, and (I believe, though I haven't had the chance to test it) the PS1 multitap will work on the PS2 with PS1 games.

Again, I think the reason the PS1 multitap doesn't work with PS2 games is that it isn't configured to work with the analogue input of the new DualShock2 buttons.
Sat 29/12/01 at 22:02
They are coming out with a hard drive that will save and can cut down loading time. As for the memory card the reason they did that was because the games have so much memory that they had to make one memory card with that much memory or you would have to save on memory cards. Games like NCAA Football 2002 hold like three times the average memory card.
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:38
Regular
erm... I dont have a PS2, I want one though.
I'm getting a GC :o)
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:33
Regular
ok PSone cards average at what? £3?
so its the same price as buying eight 1meg cards

besides you will only ever need one card..that is if you dont save smackdown3 onto it

just quit your whining and play pokemon
if you didnt want to pay out all this money then you shouldnt have gotten a PS2... god help you if you get a Gamecube.."oh why cant my N46 memory card fit"?
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Joe Dark wrote:
> £25 for a memory card is a bit much

Finally someone who also has a money shortage.
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:25
Regular
£25 for a memory card is a bit much
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:24
Regular
"ProGolfer"
outlaw_uk2002 wrote:
> Fosbe1 wrote:

*my whole post* aswell as:

>yeh but this could put people
> off and
> temting them to buy xbox or gamecube

Have you just completely
> missed the point of my post. It is to make M.O.N.E.Y.

well if i am completly honest i didnt even read your message. only kiddin
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Fosbe1 wrote:

*my whole post* aswell as:

>yeh but this could put people off and
> temting them to buy xbox or gamecube

Have you just completely missed the point of my post. It is to make M.O.N.E.Y.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.