GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/12/11 at 13:35
Regular
"HELLOOO"
Helloooo over there
does anyone know why we have to go to school
Fri 02/03/12 at 20:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Grandprix wrote:
I really wish I had not gone to school and had a private tutor. Probably would have done better without people messing around not wanting to learn. The school environment was something I didn't fit into and having my learning processes corrected early rather than being drowned out would have benefitted me.

Always a problem within a school environment dealing with those 'gentile souls, who ain't gonna lern...mate cause mi dad sed it rubish' and I do sympathise GP. Those that do want to learn, in this circumstance, generally get put in a corner and virtually told to 'teach themselves' :¬(
Fri 02/03/12 at 20:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I really wish I had not gone to school and had a private tutor. Probably would have done better without people messing around not wanting to learn. The school environment was something I didn't fit into and having my learning processes corrected early rather than being drowned out would have benefitted me.
Fri 02/03/12 at 19:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Welcome back yladnhoj :¬)

Thought this thread had died! I'm glad that someone has actually agreed with me and I'm happy to note that your son has done so well. Excellent.
Fri 02/03/12 at 17:11
Regular
GABBYGIRL101 wrote:
Helloooo over there
does anyone know why we have to go to school

Dragonlance is right - you don't have to go to school if you are not registered with one. You do have to receive education by attendance at school or otherwise. There is no definition of education in law so your definition is as good as anyone else. You can stay at home if you can de-register from the school you are at but you need the head teacher to agree to this. Anyone can 'teach' you and they don't even have to follow the National Curriculum! My son was at home from age 6 to 14 and he got a 1st class degree in Electronics. Of course you have a problem if your parents both work as school does provide very cheap child minding!
Tue 31/01/12 at 10:19
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Takes a while, but when you get out there in the real world you'll know why you need school. Hated it myself, but in all fairness school is easy compared to university/work.

As everyone is choosing to employ those with A-levels and degrees nowadays, if you don't have even a basic school education then your unlikely to secure a decent job. Without a job, you don't get (much) money and without money you are pretty much done for.

Plus, you do learn all sorts of life-skills at school - how to work with people, (to a certain extent) some sort of discipline (although I think this is declining) and decent length breaks and early finishes (believe me, working 8-5 with only an hour break isn't as much fun as 9-3:30 with 2 breaks and no major commitments).

Enjoy it whilst you can!

(all this as pb used the line I was planning to use early on in this thread!)
Wed 04/01/12 at 22:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
That is, don't make the same mistakes I did

Won't listen, Alfonse ... already knows "what teachers tell her" basically, so a waste of our time and her's, as it happens:¬(
Wed 04/01/12 at 17:29
Regular
Because getting your A-levels, and a good degree will improve your chances of making good money later in life

Just buckle down and study, you'll get it eventually. Just make sure if you're going to go to university to go to a top ten one and study a degree with a good starting wage/high graduate employment rate

That is, don't make the same mistakes I did
Wed 04/01/12 at 08:34
Regular
"HELLOOO"
but i still don't get it why go to school if you know what the teachers are telling you!
Wed 04/01/12 at 07:15
Regular
"8==="
Or 'colonic irrigation' as it's now known.
Wed 04/01/12 at 07:09
Too right, kids shouldn't have to go to school

they should clean chimneys instead

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.