GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girl Gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
Do girl gamers exsist or is it just something we guys dream about during loading times?

I mean i know very very few girl gamers. I once knew a girl which played for a counter strike clan i was in and she was the leader of the clan and no one knew for over a year that she was a female and not male.

My little sister is kinda into gaming but not as serious as us blokes take it.

Also there have been a few games which have tried to get girl gamers interested like barbie and echo the dolphin (yes it is a girls game i mean what bloke would have a dolphin as main charecter).

Gaming is one of those things that can split male's and female's down the middle.

I mean give a man and a woman a choice to either go shopping for the day or play GTA3 all day a guy would almost always chose GTA3 while a female would rather spend money on cloths she'll never wear or need.

And that's another thing you very rarely see females working in game shop's (i said rarely just incase someone starts blabbing "they got a girl in my local game shop") and they also very rarely know what there on about (no offence girls but it's true)

Like today i was in my local rip off merchant EB having a look around and saw a female shop assistant helping what seemed to be a confused mum getting a game.

The Mum said "my son said he'd like mario 64 on the N64 do you have it?"

Female shop assistant "i'll have a look"

A little while later and she comes back with Mario kart and say's to the Mum "we don't have mario 64 but we have mario kart which is the same but the charecters race on little go karts instead" (yes i know funny)

anyway the mum then said "ok i suppose it's not all that different" and bought it.

I then left wishing i could be there xmas day when the kid opens it.

Let's face it i am being a little sexist but if no one can show me a girl who can program a video and wire up a PS2 i'm standing my ground.

Anyway i'm off to wash my hair ;)
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:55
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i'm not surprised she's won more GAD than me.

this topic was hardly gonna get me a GAD. i don't come here expecting a GAD (although my cousin Savatt1668 has won way to many)

Anyway here are some questions that i'd like to ask myst if she can answer these i'll take back what i said:

1. what is needed to make a DVD drive on win 98SE multi region. say it's a pioneer drive (or any other region locked drive) with a holywood+ mpeg card?

2. when i turn on my PC i hear 3 beep's and the screen doesn't come on what does this mean?

3. Last question, i have a DVD player and when i play a region 1 disk it's in black and white, why?

Please don't answer these as there for myst only thanx
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:46
Regular
Trust me, i've never actually met her but I get the feeling that she can program VCR's etc, hell she knows more about DVD players and Electronic doodas than I do.

As for playing games, a lot of girls are good at games, my last girlfriend used to whoop me on my N64 at quite a few games.
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:45
*calculations
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:45
If my calculatins are correct, which I know they are, how many prizes have you won and how many has Mystique won. I think she is 3-0 up to you, which can't be too bad
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:42
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Mystique wrote:
> Lord Semajal wrote:
Do not
> ever anger myst.

and yet you all still try
> to push me over the edge you know one day i will snap...

Hmmm sore spot anyone, well as i said i stand by this till someone can show me proof that girl's can be good at games. I'd also like to see a girl gamer program a video and hook up a PC and till i see this i remain the sexist idiot that i am.

Also if myst could show me proof that she is good at gaming i'll buy her a muffin.

Oh and myst that stick really hurts my as$ look's like a zebra
Sat 22/12/01 at 00:24
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
Do not
> ever anger myst.

and yet you all still try to push me over the edge you know one day i will snap...
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:57
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Uk_vamp

It was a very bad idea to write crap about girl gamers.

Do not ever anger myst.
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
good thing we helped get that Stik back eh Tiltawhirl?

;-)
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:53
Unlucky ''uk_tramp''!!!
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:49
Regular
You want to hit who with your stick?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.