GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girl Gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
Do girl gamers exsist or is it just something we guys dream about during loading times?

I mean i know very very few girl gamers. I once knew a girl which played for a counter strike clan i was in and she was the leader of the clan and no one knew for over a year that she was a female and not male.

My little sister is kinda into gaming but not as serious as us blokes take it.

Also there have been a few games which have tried to get girl gamers interested like barbie and echo the dolphin (yes it is a girls game i mean what bloke would have a dolphin as main charecter).

Gaming is one of those things that can split male's and female's down the middle.

I mean give a man and a woman a choice to either go shopping for the day or play GTA3 all day a guy would almost always chose GTA3 while a female would rather spend money on cloths she'll never wear or need.

And that's another thing you very rarely see females working in game shop's (i said rarely just incase someone starts blabbing "they got a girl in my local game shop") and they also very rarely know what there on about (no offence girls but it's true)

Like today i was in my local rip off merchant EB having a look around and saw a female shop assistant helping what seemed to be a confused mum getting a game.

The Mum said "my son said he'd like mario 64 on the N64 do you have it?"

Female shop assistant "i'll have a look"

A little while later and she comes back with Mario kart and say's to the Mum "we don't have mario 64 but we have mario kart which is the same but the charecters race on little go karts instead" (yes i know funny)

anyway the mum then said "ok i suppose it's not all that different" and bought it.

I then left wishing i could be there xmas day when the kid opens it.

Let's face it i am being a little sexist but if no one can show me a girl who can program a video and wire up a PS2 i'm standing my ground.

Anyway i'm off to wash my hair ;)
Sat 22/12/01 at 23:31
Regular
Oi, I'll have you know I'll be phoning no such number tonight or tommorrow morning. Perv indeed.

:0)
Sat 22/12/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Oi that sorta questioning can get you in trouble.

ya silly little perve can't you phone a 0900 number for ya kicks :)
Sat 22/12/01 at 23:04
Regular
mystique idont think your girl can u record yur voice and send it too mee to prroove it???/

:0)
Sat 22/12/01 at 22:59
Regular
i was on about pirate games not DVDs..but anyhoo...i whopped your ass> real good
Sat 22/12/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Mystique wrote:
> Uk_vamp wrote:
Ok myst ignore my silly
> Questions anyway out of interest
> myst what games do you own and what consoles
> As I’m a bit interested now
> in the world of the girl gamer?

I didn’t answer your questions cos i have
> been at work all day.
I didn’t know or care about the second question but i
> knew about the NTSC mode on the TV. Which is why people who have pirate copies
> sometimes need a scart lead,
And needing a patch to make the DVD player multi
> region.

And i might add that they weren’t fair questions. They had nothing to
> do with GAMING they were just you trying to look big by catching me out on
> knowing meaningless crap about nothing.

I have owned a mega drive, SNES, N64,
> 2 original Gameboys (still got them) and a Playstation.
For my station' i had
> over 30 games non of them girly and i cant list them all cos i have sold most of
> them.

Right now i own.

A PS2 with.
SSX, Tekken Tag, Extermination, Star
> Wars Starfighter, Fantavision, Onimusha Warlords, Resident Evil: Code Veronica,
> Kuri Kuri Mix, Formula 2001, GT3, GTA3
And Time Splitters
+About 10 PSone
> Games

Come early next year I will have more games to add to the non-girly
> list of games.

And a Gameboy advance with Tony Hawk’s, street fighter, kuru
> kuru kururin, and like 20 GB games

Granted the typical guy wouldn’t buy kuri
> kuri mix and fantavision.but on the other hand neither did i.
I got them for
> free from work.

yep your right the questions were crap that's why i said don't bother. you were wrong about the NTSC thingy though if a TV won't do NTSC a scart lead won't help.

i know take everything i said about girl gamers back and i'd like to say sorry to myst (and all the other girl gamers here) it's not just us *lads* that can have a excelent game and console collection.

Myst will be pleased though as i played a game of Dead or Alive 2 on DC and she came extreamly close to beating me (she's 10 by the way).

Anyway my little sis has asked if she can borrow the dreamcast this weekend and as i think now girls should be good gamers i let her have it for the weekend and she's now playing tony hawk 2 and Dead or alive 2. She's also getting a GBA for xmas (her choice) which i just found out.

see people can change sorry myst i'll try not to be so single minded. after all it is Christmas
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
There will always be those dedicated few who can rise to the occasion among the opposite (to most of us) sex. However, to most, gaming is simply a toy that big and little boys play with to fill time in between days, not to say that females are any worse a gamer than the guys!

Anyone who says that girls can't be gamers or belong in games (the latter is questionable) is in my view, a hypocrit. Girls can sometimes match up to the boys - it's not all about who's the biggest or more matcho - it's about who possesses the most skill. Am I right?
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:22
Regular
Uk_vamp wrote:
Ok myst ignore my silly
> Questions anyway out of interest myst what games do you own and what consoles
> As I’m a bit interested now in the world of the girl gamer?

I didn’t answer your questions cos i have been at work all day.
I didn’t know or care about the second question but i knew about the NTSC mode on the TV. Which is why people who have pirate copies sometimes need a scart lead,
And needing a patch to make the DVD player multi region.

And i might add that they weren’t fair questions. They had nothing to do with GAMING they were just you trying to look big by catching me out on knowing meaningless crap about nothing.

I have owned a mega drive, SNES, N64, 2 original Gameboys (still got them) and a Playstation.
For my station' i had over 30 games non of them girly and i cant list them all cos i have sold most of them.

Right now i own.

A PS2 with.
SSX, Tekken Tag, Extermination, Star Wars Starfighter, Fantavision, Onimusha Warlords, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Kuri Kuri Mix, Formula 2001, GT3, GTA3
And Time Splitters
+About 10 PSone Games

Come early next year I will have more games to add to the non-girly list of games.

And a Gameboy advance with Tony Hawk’s, street fighter, kuru kuru kururin, and like 20 GB games

Granted the typical guy wouldn’t buy kuri kuri mix and fantavision.but on the other hand neither did i.
I got them for free from work.
Sat 22/12/01 at 18:21
Regular
You're an idiot.
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:56
Regular
""
Read the mistake acknowlodgement. Big word...
Sat 22/12/01 at 16:52
Regular
Santa Claws wrote:
> I beat Neo-Genetic had a go at you. Huh! =B0)

Okay, that made no sense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.