GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girl Gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
Do girl gamers exsist or is it just something we guys dream about during loading times?

I mean i know very very few girl gamers. I once knew a girl which played for a counter strike clan i was in and she was the leader of the clan and no one knew for over a year that she was a female and not male.

My little sister is kinda into gaming but not as serious as us blokes take it.

Also there have been a few games which have tried to get girl gamers interested like barbie and echo the dolphin (yes it is a girls game i mean what bloke would have a dolphin as main charecter).

Gaming is one of those things that can split male's and female's down the middle.

I mean give a man and a woman a choice to either go shopping for the day or play GTA3 all day a guy would almost always chose GTA3 while a female would rather spend money on cloths she'll never wear or need.

And that's another thing you very rarely see females working in game shop's (i said rarely just incase someone starts blabbing "they got a girl in my local game shop") and they also very rarely know what there on about (no offence girls but it's true)

Like today i was in my local rip off merchant EB having a look around and saw a female shop assistant helping what seemed to be a confused mum getting a game.

The Mum said "my son said he'd like mario 64 on the N64 do you have it?"

Female shop assistant "i'll have a look"

A little while later and she comes back with Mario kart and say's to the Mum "we don't have mario 64 but we have mario kart which is the same but the charecters race on little go karts instead" (yes i know funny)

anyway the mum then said "ok i suppose it's not all that different" and bought it.

I then left wishing i could be there xmas day when the kid opens it.

Let's face it i am being a little sexist but if no one can show me a girl who can program a video and wire up a PS2 i'm standing my ground.

Anyway i'm off to wash my hair ;)
Fri 21/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
Do girl gamers exsist or is it just something we guys dream about during loading times?

I mean i know very very few girl gamers. I once knew a girl which played for a counter strike clan i was in and she was the leader of the clan and no one knew for over a year that she was a female and not male.

My little sister is kinda into gaming but not as serious as us blokes take it.

Also there have been a few games which have tried to get girl gamers interested like barbie and echo the dolphin (yes it is a girls game i mean what bloke would have a dolphin as main charecter).

Gaming is one of those things that can split male's and female's down the middle.

I mean give a man and a woman a choice to either go shopping for the day or play GTA3 all day a guy would almost always chose GTA3 while a female would rather spend money on cloths she'll never wear or need.

And that's another thing you very rarely see females working in game shop's (i said rarely just incase someone starts blabbing "they got a girl in my local game shop") and they also very rarely know what there on about (no offence girls but it's true)

Like today i was in my local rip off merchant EB having a look around and saw a female shop assistant helping what seemed to be a confused mum getting a game.

The Mum said "my son said he'd like mario 64 on the N64 do you have it?"

Female shop assistant "i'll have a look"

A little while later and she comes back with Mario kart and say's to the Mum "we don't have mario 64 but we have mario kart which is the same but the charecters race on little go karts instead" (yes i know funny)

anyway the mum then said "ok i suppose it's not all that different" and bought it.

I then left wishing i could be there xmas day when the kid opens it.

Let's face it i am being a little sexist but if no one can show me a girl who can program a video and wire up a PS2 i'm standing my ground.

Anyway i'm off to wash my hair ;)
Fri 21/12/01 at 03:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh Mystique's gonna whup yo ass.
Fri 21/12/01 at 05:05
I have had alot of girls play GTA3 and they seem like they liked it but they might have to been trying to get me to like them.

No, they probably liked the game.
Fri 21/12/01 at 05:08
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:18
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
It's that whole Men are from Mars etc. thing, innnit.

Girls as a whole tend to be less obsessive about any of their interests. Likewise you see less girls than blokes who are particularly into one obscure scene of music in a big way.

It's no suprise really with games tho, is it? 99.9% of developers are male, and they're going to design what they think is good, so the games are pretty obviously going to be appeal more to the hairier sex.
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:20
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
That's why developers make games like Tomb Raider and Perfect dark, 'cos the lasses have a nice rack. It's 'cos they cater for the male.
Fri 21/12/01 at 21:48
Regular
that about mario just made me laugh, at least my mum has the sense in the first place to buy from SR, then she knows at teeny weeny bit about games, the difference between mario and mario kart
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Mystique?

Somone asking for a "hits wiv stik"
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:49
Regular
Goatboy you are so right, and now I shall begin.ehh hem

What sodding right have you got to say girls cant play games and don’t know anything about games?

Barbie? What the hell are you on about? the Barbie games are for eight year olds you moron! These games haven’t been made to get girl gamers interested they were made to cash in on the Barbie franchise.
Echo isn’t a game for girls is a universal game, just because a game doesn’t have some big muscle bound guy in a sweaty vest (which is what draws you all in) carrying a plasma rifle and blowing stuff up, you instantly think it’s a girly game.

“Gaming is where you can split males and females down the middle” please stop talking out of your a**e, just because there isn’t many girl gamers out there don’t mean we don’t exist.

Spending money on clothes we only wear once? I think someone’s been watching clueless a few too many times.
I have had GTA3 since launch and I play it every chance I get, unlike you some people don’t like to keep on wearing the same old power ranger t shirt, so they do go out and buy new clothes.

I work in a games shop and I have done for nearly a year now, so what if not many girls work in games shops everyone has their own tastes, I’ve been into plenty of shops including spez rez, game, and EB, and in every store I have seen or been served by a fellow chick. Maybe you should open your eyes a little more. Or maybe you are gay that could be the reason you don’t seem to be noticing us?

And what is funny about the assistant giving the mum another choice because they don’t have any mario64 games left?
That’s called customer service you gimp.

What in god’s name makes you think that the already existent gaming chicks know nothing about gaming? And they suck at gaming?
I bet. No wait I know I could beat your ass> to a bloody pulp on GT3 or wipe the floor with you on SSX.

Programming a video, setting up a PS2 in fact, setting up any piece of electrical equipment is a piece of P**s.

Maybe you should think before typing this crap,
I smash your fase wiv ma stick
You male chauvinistic chimp.
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:49
Regular
You want to hit who with your stick?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.