GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Elder Scrolls 3- Morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:16
Regular
Hi everyone. Just wondering what people think of this game? I recently bought it and can see it has the makings of a great game yet i'm having trouble getting into it. I just seem to wonder around alot of the time trying to complete duties for someone but getting lost! Then by the time i've finally completed the task i've forgotten where the person is i was originally doing the task for in the first place! The journal is about as much help as a chocolate fireguard as well. So what do you lot think? Is it worth perservering with or should i trade it in for something else?
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:29
Regular
It is pathetic because you shouldn't have to wait 50 hours before a game becomes enjoyable.

It's like paying for a three-course meal, but only enjoying the dessert.

I have patience, everyone who knows me in person would tell you that (except Dark Mark, who'll do anything to show me up :D). I just don't think that a 50 hour wait for gaming pleasure is enough for me to waste £30+ on a game.

"It's not pathetic, it's a game that evolves"

Really, so a game that evolves has to take ages before the excitement kicks in? I don't think so. Metroid Prime evolves, you start off weak and your character (Samus) progresses into a stronger and more powerful character as you play, and it is enjoyable from the start.

There is no excuse for a lack of enjoyment in a game, and if I can't enjoy it relatively early, then it isn't worthy of being a part of my games collection.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
I doubt even the Pope has enough patience to sit through Morrowind for 50+ hours.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Edgy wrote:
> It is pathetic because you shouldn't have to wait 50 hours before a
> game becomes enjoyable.

Seeing that Morrowind offers 500+ hours of gameplay, 50 hours is a drop in the ocean.

> It's like paying for a three-course meal, but only enjoying the
> dessert.

Dessert is always the best part of a meal though.

> Really, so a game that evolves has to take ages before the excitement
> kicks in? I don't think so. Metroid Prime evolves, you start off weak
> and your character (Samus) progresses into a stronger and more
> powerful character as you play, and it is enjoyable from the start.

"Enjoyable" was your word. I said it only become "really good" after about 50 hours. It's enjoyable from the start. Weren't you intrigued by the vast gameworld? I was, and thus continued playing and discovered the game had more to offer than most.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:41
Regular
I don't care if any game has 500+ hours of gameplay, that doesn't warrant 50+ hours of gaming before it gets really good.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Black Glove wrote:
> Dessert is always the best part of a meal though.

Then why pay for a three-course meal when you could have the dessert on its own? So, why pay for Morrowind - a game that becomes good after 50 hours - when you could pay for any other "good" game that you'll enjoy throughout the entire time you play?
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yeah, but by "really good" I really do mean *really good*, as "seriously excellent".
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:48
Regular
A game which I consider to be 'seriously excellent' right from the start is Ocarina of Time. And even so, it gets better and better the more you play it.

That's what I expect for £40, not a game which doesn't become that good until after about a months gaming (or 50 hours).
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:48
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> when you could pay for any other "good" game that
> you'll enjoy throughout the entire time you play?

I did *enjoy* it throughout the entire time I played. But after about 50 hours it went beyond mere enjoyment and became *really good* [i.e. seriously excellent].
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Thing is though, Morrowind's crap. 'Nuff said. I'm glad I managed to get rid of it within the 10 days. God bless you, Game.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Edgy wrote:
> A game which I consider to be 'seriously excellent' right from the
> start is Ocarina of Time. And even so, it gets better and better the
> more you play it.

If it is 'seriously excellent' from the start, how can it get better? There's nothing beyond seriously excellent.

> That's what I expect for £40, not a game which doesn't become
> that good until after about a months gaming (or 50 hours).

50 hours took me about 5 days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.