GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Elder Scrolls 3- Morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:16
Regular
Hi everyone. Just wondering what people think of this game? I recently bought it and can see it has the makings of a great game yet i'm having trouble getting into it. I just seem to wonder around alot of the time trying to complete duties for someone but getting lost! Then by the time i've finally completed the task i've forgotten where the person is i was originally doing the task for in the first place! The journal is about as much help as a chocolate fireguard as well. So what do you lot think? Is it worth perservering with or should i trade it in for something else?
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:16
Regular
Hi everyone. Just wondering what people think of this game? I recently bought it and can see it has the makings of a great game yet i'm having trouble getting into it. I just seem to wonder around alot of the time trying to complete duties for someone but getting lost! Then by the time i've finally completed the task i've forgotten where the person is i was originally doing the task for in the first place! The journal is about as much help as a chocolate fireguard as well. So what do you lot think? Is it worth perservering with or should i trade it in for something else?
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:59
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Persevere.

The thing is with Morrowind, is that people aren't used to it. They go into the game, and then try to complete every single 'goal' and 'subgoal' they come across, because that's how you generally complete games.

That approach won't work with Morrowind. There is simply too much to do.

The idea is that Morrowind is free roaming. You do whatever you want to do. Decide what you want to achieve, and then go for it. If you don't know what you want to do, or how to go about it, explore or do favours for people until you get some inspiration.
Wed 19/03/03 at 08:35
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Just think about what type of character you want to be, a thief, a warrior, a mage, etc. Join the appropriate Guild and train the major & minor skills connected with your character. That's the best way to get into it.

There's hundreds of hours of gameplay in Morrowind. Don't bite off more than you can chew in the beginning. Stick with it and the rewards are fantastic. Brilliant game.
Wed 19/03/03 at 11:34
Regular
I really need to start getting bacxk into this game, but Rocky, Phantom Crash and uni work are taking up too much of my time...

:-(
Sat 22/03/03 at 12:10
"For the horde!!!!"
If you get the choice buy it on PC
Wed 26/03/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Remember me?"
Black Glove wrote:
> There's hundreds of hours of gameplay in Morrowind. Don't bite off
> more than you can chew in the beginning. Stick with it and the rewards
> are fantastic. Brilliant game.

I bought it today, and I'm far from impressed with it. When I started playing, I thought it was good. Actually walking around, talking to people, finding out information and so on... all from a first-person perspective (I tried it in third person, but the horrendous character animation irritated me)... but combat is so pitifully inept as to make the game a chore to play. I came across my first enemy (some kind of slug thing) and died. Died; killed by the first foe I came across. Why? Because I couldn't hit the bloody thing. I stood right next to it, aimed the crosshair directly on top of it, swung my weapon relentlessly... only to hit nothing but thin air.

Morrowind is definately NOT a brilliant game.
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
I think Morrowind is a cool game, i own the PC version but is the XBox version worth getting as well? i.e how different is the PC version to the XBox one?
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> I stood right next to
> it, aimed the crosshair directly on top of it, swung my weapon
> relentlessly... only to hit nothing but thin air.

That's what happens when you use a weapon you have virtually no skill in.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
VenomByte wrote:
> That's what happens when you use a weapon you have virtually no skill
> in.

I'm all for characters becoming stronger and earning skills over time (some of the best games work on this basis), but - in real life - how hard can it be to hit something with an axe? Not hard, that's the answer. Morrowind takes the learning and development of skills way too far.
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wicky Wills wrote:
> I think Morrowind is a cool game, i own the PC version but is the XBox
> version worth getting as well? i.e how different is the PC version to
> the XBox one?

Even if there were any differences (which I sincerely doubt) why would you buy practicly the same game again?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.