GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Elder Scrolls 3- Morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:16
Regular
Hi everyone. Just wondering what people think of this game? I recently bought it and can see it has the makings of a great game yet i'm having trouble getting into it. I just seem to wonder around alot of the time trying to complete duties for someone but getting lost! Then by the time i've finally completed the task i've forgotten where the person is i was originally doing the task for in the first place! The journal is about as much help as a chocolate fireguard as well. So what do you lot think? Is it worth perservering with or should i trade it in for something else?
Sun 06/04/03 at 09:11
Regular
"Laughingstock"
VenomByte, it was the same for me. I struggled to get through the first few hours, but once the game opened up, I couldn't stop playing.
Fri 04/04/03 at 19:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Edgy wrote:
> A game which I consider to be 'seriously excellent' right from the
> start is Ocarina of Time. And even so, it gets better and better the
> more you play it.
>
> That's what I expect for £40, not a game which doesn't become
> that good until after about a months gaming (or 50 hours).

Many fine things take time to appreciate...

I admit that I played through the first 4/5 hours of Morrowind only because I was bored and had little else to do. After that, I became curious about the game, how it was so different to anything I'd played before in terms of depth and freedom. Shortly after that I was totally addicted. I put in up to twelve hours a day on some occasions - it's that compulsive.

I have spent more time playing Morrowind than any other game before it, and I would rate it as the most enjoyable game I've played to date.
Fri 04/04/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Goatboy wrote:
> Whether anyone else likes it/thinks it's crap etc, who cares?

We were just having a light-hearted ding-dong, that's all.
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:37
Regular
Wow i seem to have opened up a real can of worms with this topic!! For anyone mildly interested on whether i kept it or not i'm afraid i didnt. I tried my hardest to like it but i just couldnt get on with it. It just seemed to deep and huge for its own good without having the neccesary polish and presentation to get away with it. It feeds you a VAST ammount of information too soon and overwhelms you. I'm sure there are some out there now that will tell me that that isnt the games fault but sorry i disagree. The journal just doesnt help you out like it should. For example i was told to to go and collect 4 different mushrooms for Ajira. Anyway eventually i found these mushrooms but by then i had forgotten WHERE this 'Ajira' was! All the journal gave me was a name but no location! I had to rack my brains trying to remember! Luckily i did in the end but how frustrating would that have been if i hadnt of done! And thats my point, with all the huge ammount of info that the game gives you you have got to have some seriously good memory to remember everything that it tells you! It didnt have to be like that though. Say what you like about the Japs but their games are pretty much always flawlessly presented and play tested. With a bit more polish and thought i could've really liked this game. Alas it werent to be.
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I enjoyed it.
Doesn't mean anyone else will.
I'm still enjoying it months after buying it for the PC.

Whether anyone else likes it/thinks it's crap etc, who cares?
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:29
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> more you play it.
>
> If it is 'seriously excellent' from the start, how can it get better?
> There's nothing beyond seriously excellent.

It all depends on what words you consider to be greater than others, as in the English language, there is always a word to better another in intensity.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Edgy wrote:
> So you played for roughly 10 hours a day?
>
> Do you have a job/education/life?

When I started, I just couldn't stop. It was THAT good.
Who cares about "jobs/education/life" - whatever they are ;)
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:53
Regular
So you played for roughly 10 hours a day?

Do you have a job/education/life?
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Edgy wrote:
> more you play it.

If it is 'seriously excellent' from the start, how can it get better? There's nothing beyond seriously excellent.

> That's what I expect for £40, not a game which doesn't become
> that good until after about a months gaming (or 50 hours).

50 hours took me about 5 days.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Thing is though, Morrowind's crap. 'Nuff said. I'm glad I managed to get rid of it within the 10 days. God bless you, Game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.