GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Currently 'borrowin' a PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
Yep. My clever brother swapped our GC for a PS2 for a bit. Just to play on Vice City. While I dtest and desipise that over rated rubbish, I gave some of the other games a go. Namely Red Faction II, Medal Of Honour Frontline, LOTR: Two Towers and GT3. Personaly, they all sucked.

I was just wondering (this is for serious PS2 owners, not a bunch of monkeys) - What has the PS2 got coming that SERIOUSLY can compete with futre GC/XBox releases.

PS - I'm not being fanboyish, I'm just wondering.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Insane Bartender wrote:
"Nobody has done that you worthless cur."

I think you'll find that Cyclone has stated that he found the few games he played on the PS2 overrated and that he detested them - thus basing his opinion of the PS2 on a few games. In addition following one of the usual lists you get in these situations, he stated that they were 'all cr@p' when he clearly hasn't played them.

I was just pointing out my views on the situation - that's what we were asked for wasn't it? - and not rant and rave at the various fanboys.

Incidentially with Argos now dropping the price of the GC to £80 to shift some stock, I'm very tempted, although the girlfriend would kill me.....
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Untitled wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> Blasted bunch of oafish children. If you belonged to me, i'd take my
> belt buckle to your filthy, squalid hides.
>
> That's the funniest thing I ever did read.
>
> its the crappest thing ever

You're only saying that because you know it's true.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:30
Regular
"aliens exist"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
>
> That's the funniest thing I ever did read.

its the crappest thing ever
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:27
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:

That's the funniest thing I ever did read.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:25
Regular
"aliens exist"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nomino wrote:
> >Oh, and I would strongly suggest getting some
> spelling lesuns.
>
> Oh the irony.

i think he meant to spell it wrong.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
Nomino wrote:
>Oh, and I would strongly suggest getting some
> spelling lesuns.

Oh the irony.
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:06
"Darkness, always"
Flying Pig wrote:
> To dismiss a games console just because you've briefly played a few
> games is just plain stupid.....

Nobody has done that you worthless cur. It's like the blasted Daily Mail in here. Someone walks in and says "These games listed here are pants, please show me some good ones" and all you feeble minded cretins can do in return is practically put up a headline stating "NINTENDO FANBOY LAUNCHES SCATHING PS2 ATTACK".

Regardless of the fact that nothing of the sort has happened.

He asked for a few games that were worth playing. Normal people would have come back and said "Final Fantasy X" or "Burnout 2" (while it's still not out on GC) or a few other PS2 games worth having around.

But coming back and instantly - and probably purposefully - misinterpreting everything so that you can let out some of your feeble testosterone driven angst is just plain ignorant, not to mention fatuaously arrogant.

Go sit in the corner and write down 200 lines stating "I must not over-react due to misinterpretation, and should instead read properly before responding.

Blasted bunch of oafish children. If you belonged to me, i'd take my belt buckle to your filthy, squalid hides.
Tue 18/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
With posts like that Cyclone, nobody really gives a hoot about what you like/dislike. Oh, and I would strongly suggest getting some spelling lesuns.
Tue 18/03/03 at 11:10
Regular
kurt cobain wrote:

> Ape Escape 2
> Devil May Cry 2
> Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
> Ico
> Onimusha 2
> Silent Hill 2
> The Thing
> Zone of the Enders

Hurray. Now I have a list of games I'm interested in for my impending PS2 that's longer than just GTA VC.

It may have taken a while to trawl through the average / multi-format / very outdated / just plain crap games, but there were a few of interest there.

Cheers :^)
Tue 18/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"Complete Banker"
To dismiss a games console just because you've briefly played a few games is just plain stupid.....

Just becuase I didn't think much of Halo doesn't mean that all games, and hence the console are a pile of poo. Unless you've really sampled the delights of J&D and R&C (still working though the latter!) and realise that there is no game on any console to match GT3 then you can't make such sweeping comments.

The real differentiator between consoles is exclusive games and until recently the GC ones have been somewhat disappointing, with some considerable criticism against SMS and other main Nintendo franchises. While the likes of Zelda and Metroid Prime are looking to rectify this, the damage is done hence the fact that the GC is barely hanging onto the number 2 spot, with the PS2 leagues ahead.

Nintendo are in a similar position with the GC as with the N64 - occasional moments of utter brilliance, but fewer quality titles and some absolute stinkers to spiol the party. Clearly they have more support than before with the Resi series being released and many more 3rd party titles, but the PS2 has more exclusive good quality titles.

You may not like Vice City, but the truth is that the game is purre gameplay and there is nothing to match it. Red Fraction 2 may disappoint, but it does not make the console cr@p.

The PS2 has a strong line-up of quality titles in all genres.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.