GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Nintendo Console you ever owned? Favourite?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 11:25
Regular
My first was SNES, shortly after they came out, I'd played alot on NES bit bother bother to get one because I had a Commodore 64 with over 1000 games.

Then got GB, N64 and GC. All pretty soon after release, in fact the GB was trade only Preveiw before they were in the shops.

Not interested in GBA, don't like the screen, or the old games converted, (obviously they are some of the best games ever, but I've played them all to death years ago). I also can't stand THPS on the tiny screen, impossible to play properly, IMO).

All have had stunning games, MARIO 64 is all time favourite.

Very hard to pick a favourite console?

Opininons Please?
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
First was a Game Boy, followed by SNES, Game Boy Pocket (had my original nicked!), N64, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance then Gamecube!
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:51
Regular
"past,present&future"
Everyone's going and about Game & Watch being so advanced, but there were many other similar non Nintendo games around at the time.
Tue 18/03/03 at 15:54
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> My first was a SNES, shortly followed by a GB, N64, GBA and Cube.

Me too.

But it was a GB Pocket.

And I had a GBC after the N64.
Tue 18/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I had the Game and Watch of Mario where you had to guide him up and over some barrier thing and get past puzzles to reach the bottom on the other side.

I may have had a NES before that though remember the old chunky Game Boys, heck it's been too long.
Tue 18/03/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Festivus!"
NES was my first, i am sure.

Favourite is SNES by far.
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
My first was a Zelda game & watch.

It rocked, there where 2 linked screens on it which in those days was a technological break through.
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:25
Regular
Gameboy, one of the big big ones. Almost cried when I got it.
0:)
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:24
"Darkness, always"
Unbeliever wrote:
> My favourite? Probably the SNES. A golden era of gaming.

Indeed. Few games have accumulated as many hours as the best game ever made - Super Mario Kart!!
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:04
Regular
Scratch that, favourite is the Shiny Shiny Q :^)
Tue 18/03/03 at 14:00
Regular
I remember seeing those sega ads with the talking tv test card when I was about 5, 'Do me a favour, plug me into a sega'.

It probably doesn't say much for sega's advertising team that I didn't have a frickin' clue what they were trying to sell, but I liked the advert all the same...

Then I got out of backwater devon and got myself a master system :^)

Went through a fair few consoles after that;
Master system
Game gear
SNES
Game boy
N64
Mega Drive (When it was retro and cheap)
Gamecube
And soon to arrive, my free(ish) PS2... :^)

Favourite has to be the gamecube though. I think...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.