GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Nintendo Console you ever owned? Favourite?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 11:25
Regular
My first was SNES, shortly after they came out, I'd played alot on NES bit bother bother to get one because I had a Commodore 64 with over 1000 games.

Then got GB, N64 and GC. All pretty soon after release, in fact the GB was trade only Preveiw before they were in the shops.

Not interested in GBA, don't like the screen, or the old games converted, (obviously they are some of the best games ever, but I've played them all to death years ago). I also can't stand THPS on the tiny screen, impossible to play properly, IMO).

All have had stunning games, MARIO 64 is all time favourite.

Very hard to pick a favourite console?

Opininons Please?
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
NES - Mario Land 3
N64 - Goldeneye/Ocarina of time
Gamecube - Animal Crossing
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:49
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Gameboy (brick version) <-- I keep memories of that thing very close to my heart.N64 --->Gamecube.

Im sorry but out of all the gamecube games that Ive played and seen I have to say TIMESPLITTERS RULES!!!!!!!!

Starfox left me stunned with its amazing fur efx and grass efx but the oh so TEDIOUS, gameplay left me wanting to finish it but at the same time not really feeling ar$$ed to DO it as opposed to play it.

Same sort of applied to Eternal Darkness and playing REsi Evil over for the second time, and Mario, although I ended up giving it away to my little brother in the hope that he will be bothered to play it then well swap memory cards...
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:21
Regular
"Baros!!!"
NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - GBA

NES - Super Mario 3

SNES - Mario Kart

N64 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Goldeney

Gamecube - Timesplitters 2

GBA - Yoshi's Island
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
NES, GB, SNES (maybe other way round), GBC, N64, GBA, GC.

It's a toss-up between SNES and GC.

:)
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SNES, then GB/C, N64 and GC.

GC is the best, because it has so much more to offer. Although both the N64 and SNES are fantastic too.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
To be honest. I have owned evry nintendo console except nes at one point in my life. My fave has to be the 64. My fave games are ssb, zelda oot, zelda MM, mario kart,mario tennis,mario golf,perfect dark, goldeneye, banjo kazooie, rogue squadron and battle for naboo. There was so much lastability in the N64. I still play mario tennis and mario kart when mates come round.

I dont think a game with that much lastability has come out yet on the GC. hopefully metroid and zelda will be classics.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:43
Regular
"I ush!"
First nintendo was NES, best game on that was Mario 3, with the racoon tail hat think that meant Mario could fly.

Then SNES, best game Street Fighter 2 turbo

Then Gameboy, best game, prolly tetris

Then Gamecube, which has to be my fave really.
Not sure what my fave game on it is though
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:43
Regular
"past,present&future"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> vorderman wrote:
> Everyone's going and about Game & Watch being so advanced, but
> there were many other similar non Nintendo games around at the time.
>
> Yes but this is asking what was the first Nintendo console you owned,
> I don't think me owning a Turtles electronic game by Konami has much
> to do with the topic.

That was not exactlty what I meant, there were loads of similar games around back then, if NINTENDO hadn't become the massive, hugely influential, empire which it did, no would would still care about their Game & Watch's.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:40
Regular
"past,present&future"
I know, don't I?

I started the post, and I don't especially think having a Mario Game & Watch (or whatever game), relates to 'Consoles'.
Tue 18/03/03 at 17:27
Regular
vorderman wrote:
> Everyone's going and about Game & Watch being so advanced, but
> there were many other similar non Nintendo games around at the time.

Yes but this is asking what was the first Nintendo console you owned, I don't think me owning a Turtles electronic game by Konami has much to do with the topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.