GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Nintendo Console you ever owned? Favourite?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 11:25
Regular
My first was SNES, shortly after they came out, I'd played alot on NES bit bother bother to get one because I had a Commodore 64 with over 1000 games.

Then got GB, N64 and GC. All pretty soon after release, in fact the GB was trade only Preveiw before they were in the shops.

Not interested in GBA, don't like the screen, or the old games converted, (obviously they are some of the best games ever, but I've played them all to death years ago). I also can't stand THPS on the tiny screen, impossible to play properly, IMO).

All have had stunning games, MARIO 64 is all time favourite.

Very hard to pick a favourite console?

Opininons Please?
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:03
Regular
"past,present&future"
Of course it was genuine, smooth and very, very 3d.
Wed 19/03/03 at 17:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
The first time I played mario tennis on it, I was outstanded. The ball was actually coming towards me as I played it.
Incase the 'beautiful graphics' was an attempt at sarcasm, I'll reiterate that the quality comes from the perception of depth.
If it was genuine, then yes, I agree! ;)
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:51
Regular
They are?

Thinking about it, if you modified a set of those olympus tv glasses to display from 2 different signals you'd have your VR headset sorted.
The only problem would be that it costs a few hundred pounds...
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:29
Regular
"past,present&future"
I have seen them, the graphics are truly beautiful.
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:24
Regular
I want one but I heard that it gives you headaches after about 30 minutes of play.
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
No one ever mentions the virtual boy!!! Does anyone else here own one?!
It's an amazing console. Virtual reality headset with a playstation-eqsue controller. 3d graphics equal to that of the SNES. Some of the best games ever designed - some specifically for a 3d environment.
It may be limited to black and shades of red, but I'm currently playing mine to death. (I'll never catch up on the hours I spent playing SF2, Pilotwings, Mario Kart, FF2 and FF3 on the SNES though).
My current favourite game is Red Alarm (StarFox in true 3d).

Trust me, until you actually put your face in one you'll not understand what you're missing. Web images give no indication of what you actually see and the depth you percieve.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
"past,present&future"
Nomino wrote:
> >Not interested in GBA, don't like the screen, or the old games
> converted, >(obviously they are some of the best games ever, but
> I've played them all >to death years ago). I also can't stand THPS
> on the tiny screen, >impossible to play properly, IMO).
>
> So clearly you are interested in GBA, you just can't justify it to
> yourself. The screen is not an issue any more with the GBA SP. Fine,
> don't get THPS then, but how can anybody turn down handheld versions
> of Speedball II, IK+, and other great classics.
>
> At the moment, there are around 1085 known (official) GBA games. I
> have every single one of them.

Yeah ok, the screen's much improved, but I'm not interested in the handheld versions of the 'classics' cause I've played them all to death years ago on the original computer formats.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Nomino wrote:

> At the moment, there are around 1085 known (official) GBA games. I
> have every single one of them.

Surely you jest?

Unless you've got those dodgy asian copies with 120+ games on each cart?
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:53
Regular
lol
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:49
Regular
>Not interested in GBA, don't like the screen, or the old games converted, >(obviously they are some of the best games ever, but I've played them all >to death years ago). I also can't stand THPS on the tiny screen, >impossible to play properly, IMO).

So clearly you are interested in GBA, you just can't justify it to yourself. The screen is not an issue any more with the GBA SP. Fine, don't get THPS then, but how can anybody turn down handheld versions of Speedball II, IK+, and other great classics.

At the moment, there are around 1085 known (official) GBA games. I have every single one of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.