GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blast from the past... Special Reserve edition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/06/11 at 13:13
Regular
"Blast from the past"
Whoa,
I didn't know this place was still going. Shame I can't remember my old log in.

I've noticed pb is still hanging around but anyone else?
Mon 30/01/12 at 22:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
Legendary

At last :¬D
Mon 30/01/12 at 19:22
Regular
Tony
327 posts
Registered For: 4325 days

Average of 27 posts a year. Legendary
Mon 30/01/12 at 19:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
TezChi wrote:
Also, forgive me, but I cant actually seem to remember these chairs/models that are mentioned. Perhaps I was looking at something else!

The 'chair and mogle' were on the back cover and inside the front cover ... 'reddies' at the ready to swop :¬)
Mon 30/01/12 at 17:51
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

A fair few of us old regulars are over on monkey_man's forum.

Traitors - never trust a chimp!
Wed 18/01/12 at 18:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Dragonlance wrote:
El Viking wrote:
[i]I also used to spend rather too much time on the forums. Weird to think it's probably 11 or 12 years since I first came across SR...

.... and then joined the Forums about 10 years ago.[/i]

Used to use UkCheats a lot when I was younger. Actually bothering to do anything more came along later!
Sun 15/01/12 at 21:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
El Viking wrote:
I also used to spend rather too much time on the forums. Weird to think it's probably 11 or 12 years since I first came across SR...

.... and then joined the Forums about 10 years ago.
Sun 15/01/12 at 21:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Yep, cost me a fiver.
Sun 15/01/12 at 17:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've still got a stack of the magazines somewhere or another. Only once went into any of the shops though, whilst passing through Egham...

I also used to spend rather too much time on the forums. Weird to think it's probably 11 or 12 years since I first came across SR...

Didn't Myst sell her soul on eBay once? :S
Wed 04/01/12 at 07:33
TezChi wrote:
Collecting Reddies for free gifts was such a great idea I thought. I can still remember selecting my gifts and most likely still own a few of them somehwere. Did get some rather naff GC memory cards once though, blegh

Also, forgive me, but I cant actually seem to remember these chairs/models that are mentioned. Perhaps I was looking at something else!

YES!! I remember that fondly. Had 20 or so reddies at one point, swapped them for what I now know is random rubbish, but at the time I was like "coooooll, a glow in the dark flask and invisible ink pen!!!" Although I did get some good stuff, that Nintendo Alarm clock? I still have it, somewhere in a storage box.

I think I've thrown away all the glossy Special reserve magazines though, I used to obsess over what were dull lists of products as I contemplated what to save up for next. The internet just isn't the same with its instant search.

I'm sounding like an old geezer already... "back in the day when we had printed magazines"
Wed 04/01/12 at 07:12
Special Reserve was great back in the day. It was my first forum, and gave me a bit of confidence when times were crap in life.

But now... it's all gone, forever, lost in the abyss, never to be seen in its corporeal form again.

Goodbye my sweet love :'(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.