GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEO 4 chip looks in trouble"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 15:10
Regular
Just paid a visit to www.playstationmods.com to see if they have any info and the page opens with this statment:

Due to recent legal proceedings by Sony towards our sale of the NEO4 chip we have decided to close down all our modchip operations indefinitely.
At the end of the day we work hard on our main games and repairs businesses and it is simply not worth jeopardizing our staffs futures just to do modchips. This is the first time we've been asked to stop supplying modchips by Sony and we will comply without reservation and without prejudice.

Our new online Console Spares & Repair / DVD Player / Games & Gadgets shops will be open in the new year.

Thank you for your support and we hope you have a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

oh dear although i can't see how sony can do anything as it's just another mod which is no different to changing a sound card in a PC.
Fri 14/12/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
exactly my point Tellah
Fri 14/12/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I'm happy not to get my PS2 chipped.

But I will if the same thing happens that happened to PS1... Top games - Final Fantasy 4,5,6 and Guitar Freaks - were not released in the UK... Then I'll have no choice. Forget buying 2 consoles that are IDENTICLE except for one tiny modification. That's a disgracefull suggestion. You must have money to burn, or are stupid. Anyone with a brain will get a swap-disk, or chip.
Fri 14/12/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
But if everyone kept buying the us games and they didn't bring them out in the uk anymore no one would care as they'd be buying imports
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I just thought about imports and them killing the games industry over here. For example say half of the PS2 owners in the UK started to buy import games. They would'nt go out and buy a PAL game which they already have in NTSC and owned for 4 months. Say MGS2 was released over here and already half of the PS2 owners owned the American version, they wouldnt buy the UK version. Now MGS2 only sells half of what it should do. Sony and the games makers will think that the UK are not interested. Another great game comes out, but only half of the expected copies are sold. Sony and all other compainies will wonder whether its worth converting titles at all, as they arent selling as many copies and arent making a profit. If everyone supported the UK market and we actually tried to get a petition going these compainies would find out that the UK is a big user base, and they need to keep us fuelled up with all the latest games with perfect conversions. But instead of doing this alot of people, just say UK games get bad conversions so i'll buy import copies. Enough people do this and the number of UK games that are sold will fall. If you want good conversions lets email Sony, ring them up a demand to have proper conversions, right letters, chain yourself to there buildings.
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:35
Regular
"Tag as above"
I wouldn't know, and I never put any thought into it
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:34
"High polygon count"
I bet she prefers it doggystyle too.
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Tag as above"
you could always give her a bone, she loves that
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:31
"High polygon count"
Right - and she groped my butt yesterday!
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:30
Regular
"Tag as above"
you know, shes the bloned one that fancies you
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:28
"High polygon count"
Are you talking about Meg or Nat? ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.