GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Problems..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/11 at 18:09
"Are you sure?"
I'm really hoping the latest email problems are resolved before tomorrow 'Monday' morning! :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 16/05/11 at 11:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
65% of accounts now seem to be failing....seems like Monday afternoon now Hmmm :¬(
Mon 16/05/11 at 11:02
Regular
Same here! I have about a dozen domains (my own and on behalf of others) but the one that concerns me most is an e-commerce website. I've been sitting here wondering (yet again) should I move elsewhere or simply change the email address. Both options will inconvenience me greatly.

However offering my own customers a great service is paramount... as is the ability to respond to emails in a timely manner.... if they actually arrive in my inbox that is! These down times are impacting my business.

I've been with Freeola for 10 years now and where previously the loss of the email servers was unheard of... the current situation is becoming untenable.

Your loyal supporters need some firm assurances that things are going to improve and an explanation of how that is going to be achieved and when.

My patience and Freeola's apologies are beginning to wear thin.

Laura
Mon 16/05/11 at 10:43
"Are you sure?"
ptb wrote:
Has anybody heard any news about the replacement service which would be "available soon". This is the only reason I have not moved as yet, but patience cannot survive much longer. Not least because it embarrasses me.

I don't believe there have been any updates on the new email service. I asked here (4/4/2011), as this also causes me embarrassment and 'agro' but didn't get a reply :¬(

"I've literally just been asked by one of my 'Freeola clients' (with half a dozen or more domains) if they should consider moving away due to the number of 'major issues' recently.

I've replied saying that Freeola do have a 'plan' to return levels of service to normal but couldn't give any details.

Warhunt said before not to ask any questions(!) but without more information on what's been happening and what's being planned I'm finding myself in an awkward situation...

I would appreciate it if Freeola could publish some type of 'service statement' ASAP.

I've replied saying that I'm sticking with Freeola but I'm not sure that will keep all of my clients happy."

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

NB. Just received an email from yesterday PM and one from this morning so perhaps things are on the move...
Mon 16/05/11 at 10:34
Regular
Has anybody heard any news about the replacement service which would be "available soon". This is the only reason I have not moved as yet, but patience cannot survive much longer. Not least because it embarrasses me.
Mon 16/05/11 at 08:20
Regular
I'm still getting:

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

It would appear the problem is taking longer to resolve than first thought. I first reported the problem just after 3 pm yesterday. That said I appreciate it was a Sunday.

The only blessing is that the occasional email is getting through before the receive mail fails again.

Laura
Mon 16/05/11 at 08:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,looks like it's died again :(

Getting same as you DL :

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: *********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Sun 15/05/11 at 22:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Mine wasn't working earlier but it just seems to have sprung back to life.

Sorry to break the good news pete....but

" Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '**********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F "

On all but one account :¬(

Sun 15/05/11 at 20:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Mine wasn't working earlier but it just seems to have sprung back to life.
Sun 15/05/11 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm really hoping the latest email problems are resolved before tomorrow 'Monday' morning! :¬(

Sorry Hmmm, have only just got back in and noticed your post .... bad news ..... again :¬(

" The connection to the server has failed. Account: '********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "

As for tmoz morning....I'm rather partial to it being a bit earlier :¬)

EDIT: @19:25

Started to receive through 'some' accounts....but one or two still report:

" Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '*************', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F "

:¬(

EDIT:19:44

Whoops.....

" The connection to the server has failed. Account: '********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "

Oh dear, oh dear :¬(
Sun 15/05/11 at 18:09
"Are you sure?"

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.