GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Problems..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/05/11 at 18:09
"Are you sure?"
I'm really hoping the latest email problems are resolved before tomorrow 'Monday' morning! :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 19/05/11 at 12:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the response McL.....slowly getting back to the 'land of the living' or should I say 'living dead' - don't seem to have had a good nights sleep for weeks :¬)

Regarding 'standard free e-mail hosting' ... does this include us that choose Freeola as our ISP?
Thu 19/05/11 at 10:43
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
Are we going to pay extra for more stability?

No not at all. If you're using our standard free e-mail hosting everything will remain the same, except you can expect the reliability and stability of the service to improve.

And why do we have to be asked to be moved to the 'new email system'....

shouldn't this be automatic?

That would be lovely, but there will be a couple of settings tweaks required to your client for e-mail to work on the new service.
Wed 18/05/11 at 19:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
McLong wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
[i]Have you any assurances for those of us that use both Freeola ADSL and Email services but don't wish to pay more for their services?

The main reason we've been developing the new e-mail infrastructure is to lighten to load on the existing standard e-mail system. We absolutely expect this to improve the quality and reliability for existing users.

Hmmm... wrote:
Also if customers do opt to pay for the new email offering does this come with an SLA so they no what uptime to expect?

The new e-mail infrastructure is primarily seen as a direct replacement for paying E-mail Freedom subscriptions at domain names. As such, there will be no SLA.[/i]

So .... being extremely ill and as WH knows I don't seem to have any knowledge of what day it is at the moment :¬)

Are we going to pay extra for more stability?

And why do we have to be asked to be moved to the 'new email system'....

shouldn't this be automatic?

Yours whatever :¬)
Wed 18/05/11 at 18:57
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
Have you any assurances for those of us that use both Freeola ADSL and Email services but don't wish to pay more for their services?

The main reason we've been developing the new e-mail infrastructure is to lighten to load on the existing standard e-mail system. We absolutely expect this to improve the quality and reliability for existing users.

Hmmm... wrote:
Also if customers do opt to pay for the new email offering does this come with an SLA so they no what uptime to expect?

The new e-mail infrastructure is primarily seen as a direct replacement for paying E-mail Freedom subscriptions at domain names. As such, there will be no SLA.
Wed 18/05/11 at 18:42
"Are you sure?"
I guess that's a NO then?!
Sorry for being so dense :¬(

To me it seems a shame that Freeola aren't able to separate the users of FREE email (via Freeola500 addresses) from those of us that pay for domains and ADSL - or just make the current email service more robust.

Have you any assurances for those of us that use both Freeola ADSL and Email services but don't wish to pay more for their services?

Up to now, paying a premium for Broadband via Freeola has worked well due to the extras that come with it. But this seems to be being eroded - hopefully I've misunderstood and am worried for no reason.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 18/05/11 at 18:29
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
...Does that mean that domains registered with Freeola by Freeola ADSL customers are included (i.e. Freedom/smtp-auth is active)?...

Domain name E-mail Freedom subscriptions that are paid-for (as opposed to complimentary) will be able to move on to our new e-mail platform at no extra cost.

Edit: Wording changes for clarity.
Wed 18/05/11 at 17:37
"Are you sure?"
@ptb Thanks for posting that - it's appreciated.

McLong wrote:
The new e-mail service will be a paid-for service, managed and maintained directly by Freeola. Anyone with a paid-for E-mail Freedom subscription (at a domain name) will be moved over to the new service at no extra cost.

Does that mean that domains registered with Freeola by Freeola ADSL customers are included (i.e. Freedom/smtp-auth is active)?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 18/05/11 at 16:28
Regular
The new e-mail service will be a paid-for service. Anyone with a paid-for E-mail Freedom subscription (at a domain name) can be moved over to the new service at no extra cost.

With the number of E-mail Freedom subscribers due to move to our new infrastructure, we fully expect this to greatly reduce the load on the standard (free) service, which in turn will improve the quality and reliability of the standard service.

The new premium infrastructure is in the very latter stages of testing, and we're confident of launching the new service within a few weeks. We'll be able to offer further and more detailed information closer to the time.

As one of my colleagues has already mentioned, we'll be looking for a few testers to try out the new service in the next week or two. If your domain e-mail is hosted by Freeola and are interested in helping us test the new service (and provide feedback), please drop a quick e-mail to our Support Team, and we'll be in touch soon.
Wed 18/05/11 at 14:15
Regular
Butch wrote:
Further details of our upcoming premium e-mail service should also be made available within the coming weeks which, once launched, should help provide a more stable e-mail service for all Freeola e-mail subscribers.

I am trying to balance Premium against for all. I hope I am being cynical, but I will be far from impressed if there is no improvement for all.
Wed 18/05/11 at 14:12
Regular
I think the feedback I got has been more than covered here. For the record:

"In resolving the issue with the mail server, some of the traffic was rerouted to reduce the load to the mail server.

With regard to system changes, the new E-mail infrastructure is currently being tested and we are expecting it to be released very shortly.

Although we cannot go into too many details with regard to the new service, we are currently looking for Beta testers. I can put you on the list of contacts for this if you would be interested."

in answer to:
"Would it be possible to have an explanation of the problem causing the email outage Sunday and Monday, and the resolution. In particular, any details of any steps taken to prevent a reoccurance.

Additionally, in earlier correspondence you stated a new email service was going to be introduced meaning you no longer relied on a third party. This assurance has been the only thing preventing me moving my business. What is the situation with this?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.