GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola FORMMAIL broken"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/03/11 at 09:20
"Are you sure?"
Just to add some details (as I see things) for other Freeola customers in the same position as me this morning with the 'formmail' outage.

The Service Status items reads:

Formmail on Unlimited Hosting Servers 17/3/11 8:32 AM:
We are currently investigating an issue with Formmail message sending on our free hosting servers. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and we will resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

I'm finding forms using 3rd party scripts are still working and the email arrives as normal.

The problem is with sites using Freeola's formmail PHP script where visitors will receive a 'ERROR 500, Problem Running a Script..." message when attempting to submit the form.

Will be rather frustrating if they've just spend 20mins typing something!

*spooky* Someone's just contacted me via my non-Freeola form while I'm typing this!

If others are seeing anything different please post.
Hopefully this will be a quick fix.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 17/03/11 at 09:20
"Are you sure?"
Just to add some details (as I see things) for other Freeola customers in the same position as me this morning with the 'formmail' outage.

The Service Status items reads:

Formmail on Unlimited Hosting Servers 17/3/11 8:32 AM:
We are currently investigating an issue with Formmail message sending on our free hosting servers. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and we will resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

I'm finding forms using 3rd party scripts are still working and the email arrives as normal.

The problem is with sites using Freeola's formmail PHP script where visitors will receive a 'ERROR 500, Problem Running a Script..." message when attempting to submit the form.

Will be rather frustrating if they've just spend 20mins typing something!

*spooky* Someone's just contacted me via my non-Freeola form while I'm typing this!

If others are seeing anything different please post.
Hopefully this will be a quick fix.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 17/03/11 at 10:25
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning Hmmm......thanks for the 'heads up'. Just checked one of the sites and yes...broken!

"ERROR 500, Problem Running a Script...

A scripting/config error prevents the server from showing this page. "

I assume the other sites using the same script will also display the same error :¬(
Thu 17/03/11 at 10:40
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Yes all sites on Standard Hosting using Freeola's 'form_to_mail.php' will see this.

I guess someone, somewhere has made a change that's gone pear shaped :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s] It never rains but it pours
Thu 17/03/11 at 11:47
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
A recent security update on the servers was causing the 'error 500' messages.

This has now been fixed and all formmail will now be working again.
Thu 17/03/11 at 14:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
A recent security update on the servers was causing the 'error 500' messages.

This has now been fixed and all formmail will now be working again.

Sorry it's a bit late....been wardrobe destroying and building - Mrs DL's boudoir you know ;¬) ... but thanks, all seems well again.
Mon 28/03/11 at 12:40
"Are you sure?"
FORMMAIL is broken again for me! :¬(

Both on Freeola's hosted script and a thirdparty script this time.

"ERROR 500" message like last week.

I'm off to raise a support ticket...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Ticket 169053 raised.
Mon 28/03/11 at 17:42
"Are you sure?"
It would be nice to know if today's FORMMAIL outage will be fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/03/11 at 18:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
It would be nice to know if today's FORMMAIL outage will be fixed by tomorrow.

Sorry Hmmm....dismantling a shed today so hadn't really noticed :¬( But can confirm as of 5 minutes ago, still broken :¬(
Mon 28/03/11 at 20:12
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Just to add my twopenny worth...

Yesterday I noticed form scripts were taking an age to return and today I receive a 'More than one "from" person' message whether using form mail or third party script.

JTD
Mon 28/03/11 at 20:40
"Are you sure?"
My visitors are still seeing the 500 error and a page of Freeola ads!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.