GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda'.
Fri 28/03/03 at 13:53
Regular
Ever since the early 1990s, when GMTV showed the 13-epsiode long series of The Legend of Zelda cartoons, whilst Mr. Motivator was pumping his stuff with baked beans cans and aerobics mats, i have been a great fan of The Legend of Zelda. A lot of people said the cartoon series was annoying, but it had a certain originality to it that made the other popular cartoons of the time seemed to lack.

It was about a princess, named Zelda, a teenage elf named Link, an evil wizard with pig-like features named Gannon and three jewels named the Triforce. Because the series was so short, only two of these jewels were ever focused upon, the red Triforce of Power, in the hands of the evil Ganon, and the blue Triforce of Wisdom, in the safe keeping of Princess Zelda. As Zelda's friend, Link, who wanted to be more than just friends, helped to keep the balance of power in order by protecting the Triforce of Wisdom safe from Gannon. Ofcourse, this led to some brilliant stories that could only be told in animated cartoons.

Now, thirteen years on, Nintendo have developed the story so much that it only resembles what it originally was in the cartoon and original NES game. But this is not, by all means, a bad thing. Who would want to play eight or nine different accounts of the same story? No one, and that's why each Zelda game has a new feel to it, that makes it unique from all the others and why the series is just as strong as it has ever been, if not stronger!

But Nintendo are doing something now that is to tease Zelda fans all over the world. First, Nintendo releases A Link to the Past, a Super Nintendo game, on the Game Boy Advance. Everyone, like me, wants to play this amazing game again, and so buys it. But it is just a port, despite it having the new Four Swords multiplayer game, a first for a Zelda title. Then, on May 3rd, Nintendo will be releasing a port of their Nintendo 64 title, Ocarina of Time, as well as the N64DD title that was never released, Ura Zelda, or Master Quest as it has now been renamed, with the brand new game The Wind Waker.

First of all, I know this sounds like I am complaining, but seriously, I couldn't be happier with Nintendo! They're potentially releasing five Legend of Zelda games across two systems in less than two months! This ofcourse will boost sales of Nintendo's knew Game Boy Advance SP, the frontlit Game Boy Advance, and sales of the GameCube will most likely be considerably higher than the Playstation 2's for atleast that week in May, as they were when Metroid boosted sales of the GameCube very recently.

Message boards across the net are already filling up with topics about Zelda, especially now that both the GBA cartridge and the GameCube discs are released in Japan and the United States. It is only a matter of time before the same fate reaches the shores of the British Isles and shops all across the country apologise to many gamers for selling out of their stock.

2003 is a brilliant year for gamers like me, and I can't wait for The Wind Waker's release on the GameCube. What's more, with so many mythical tales being popular at this time, Lord of the Rings being one of them, it is a brilliant time for Shigeru Miyamoto to release his own interactive mythical tale.

Edgy - currently playing A Link to the Past.
Fri 16/05/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
I love OOT and Link's awaking on the SNES and GBA
Fri 16/05/03 at 09:58
Regular
The Game Boy Advance game, A Link to the Past, is one of my favourite games of all time.

Link's Awakening also deserves a lot of praise, even if it is a very old Gmae Boy game.
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The only games I've played in the series are The Wind Waker and a small portion of Ocarina of Time. They feel very similar to me, to be honest. They also feel very similar to Mario Sunshine.

I feel it hard to take them seriously. Maybe it's just not my type of game. They're nice, in a way, but...I don't know, there's something I just don't like.

How do the Game Boy versions compare to those two? I meant try Link to the Past if and when I get a GBA SP.
Wed 14/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
But it felt like a sequel to OOT.

That is because it was.
Wed 14/05/03 at 00:43
"I love yo... lamp."
Blurb wrote:
> I havent acctually plaed Majora's Mask is it any good or better than
> the OOT

The graphics were slightly better. But it felt like a sequel to OOT. It just didn't feel as good. And it was quite a bit shorter too if I remember rightly. Still think OOT is the better. But in saying that MM is still a fantastic game.
Mon 12/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
I havent acctually plaed Majora's Mask is it any good or better than the OOT
Mon 12/05/03 at 11:29
Regular
I was never too keen on Majora's Mask, but to be quite honest, I haven't given it a proper chance yet.

I'm sure if I sat down and played it without interruption from others, it would then play great!
Sat 10/05/03 at 17:05
Regular
Parr wrote:
> I have to agree with Greg there. he is correct.

I totally disagree... the mask mini games were always different and the ones regarding the right times created a far more close connection to the characters... far closer than any Zelda game before...

Watching the postman come back at the end brought a smile to my face.

Apart from the slightly disgraceful save system Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda of all time... Bar Wind Waker of which I'm yet to judge it for greatness for a while.
Mon 05/05/03 at 01:27
"I love yo... lamp."
I was never a huge Zelda fan, but now Im getting all tingly at the thought of them all soon. But nothing will ever replace Goldeneye and MSR in my heart. Played Goldeneye today, so the N64 is out. Might go dig up OOT.

The one thing I do like about Zelda, is that its kind of a whole world. I don't mean that in a hyrule market town sense, but in a Matrix lots to the story kind of way.

Just as long as new games build on that.
Sat 26/04/03 at 14:15
Regular
"^_^"
I have to agree with Greg there. he is correct.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.