GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO HAS SEEN A PICTURE OF THE GAMECUBE!!!!! I'm sorry but OH MY GOD!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/08/00 at 21:17
Regular
It's like a large bluish ice cube!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:13
The future is here the future is nigh,
Great games are coming, that you cannot deny,

The race is on, and who will win?
It is not as if the market is thin,

So many consoles, which is the best,
I'm just not sure into which one to invest,

They all look superb, that's one thing that's true,
And in the end my friends it's all up to you,

But please be sure when choosing, consider it well,
Coz in the end only time will tell,

If good games keep coming, and i hope they do
the future looks bright for me and you!!!

Thanks!!!
Thu 31/08/00 at 21:28
I'm not going to insult the PS2 at all (resisting temptation...) Although it does not look brilliant it apeals to everyone but not in a major way (you know "It doesn't look bad)
However the N-cube is very very... different looking and may only apeal to certain people.
I love the new look and it will go perfectly with my new minimalist room.
It was a good Idea to have many colours for the game cube I like silver,blue and black personaly.
I have 100's of pictures of the game cube from all angles and the only thing that i'm not sure about is that handle ok its usefull if you want to carry your console around for a bit but will it stop the N-cube fitting into certain places because of its shape?
The new wireless controler is a great idea although it will probably be expensive at last I will be able to abandon those frutratingly short cables and position my sofa where ever i please!
Wed 30/08/00 at 21:21
From what I've seen on the official pics the Gamecube has a reset button, an open button (for dvds) and a power button!
Wed 30/08/00 at 20:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I must say I was a little disappointed with the PS2 design, but not that much. Although, I haven't seen it enough to really know. Maybe the GameCube looks better up close, and if it looks good when it comes out, I'll get one as well as the PS2. (As long as I have the money)
Wed 30/08/00 at 20:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
you mean it's a standby button, that's not bad, but you sort of need a remote control to fully forfil that, maybe you can switch it on if you move the buttons on the controller
Wed 30/08/00 at 19:40
> this have one lcd and a couple of buttons that don't work properly

Mmm, the 'power' button on the front is a bit of a misnomer. Sony have been a bit too clever with their design, as it also doubles as the reset button. You press it once (which you'd assume would turn it off) but it all it actually does is reset. To turn it 'off' you have to hold the button for couple of seconds... Also, to cap it all off, it doesn't actually fully turn off - it goes into some kind of suspended mode - the switch on the back turns off the juice properly.

It's all a bit weird - let's hope Nintendo have done something sensible with their box in the button department.
Wed 30/08/00 at 17:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
you took the words right out of my keyboard, It's original, if you saw a brightly coulered box for £200, you'd think "WHAT THE BEEP" (that looks sad, but I don't want to offend any children that might be reading this letter) you'll walk over to the box and think, "wow, it's a console, that's different" whereas the PS2 which will sell, looks boring and even though you all said it looks like a video player, but it's not that nice, video players have buttons and flashy lights, this have one lcd and a couple of buttons that don't work properly(i've played on one, so I know, don't argue with this ANT) whatever nintendo made would be genius, they could sell you a bar of soap, if they tarted it up a little! they could even make it purple. Playstation would get a plain bar of soap and advertise it world wide, making a tv series about it and get loads of football players to use it! It's purple, no other console, except for the Gameboy and Neo geo have been other colours except the unimaginative grey and black, the portable consoles don't count, and the Amstrad doesn't count either, because wood is not a colour! the PS2 has a boring CD drive, it's slides out and back in. I hope the Nintendo cds pop up like a toaster! or you feed the whole cd case into the console, and it takes the cd out when you play, and when you switch it off it goes back into the case and pops out so it doesn't get damaged. I've gone on enough, so i'll stop.
Tue 29/08/00 at 20:01
I'm not disappointed at all with the Gamecubes design! How many other consoles look like that?

It's original for a console! That's what Nintendo are famous for: Originality!

PS2 however is just a video player that is purple and plays DVD games instead of cassetes!

I haven't used that word for a long time!
Tue 29/08/00 at 19:52
Regular
I think the Gamecube looks better from the top, but it looks awful front on and from isometric. The reason? That horrible piece of plastic that holds the controllers.
Tue 29/08/00 at 18:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
EDGY, you just can't admit that the GameCube is disappointing in it's looks, and that the PS2 looks better!!! (Well, I think so anyway.) Oh yeah, I am red and green colourblind??? You???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.